xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bhavesh

Prob After Hdd Change

my site is down after HDD change.

there is no folder in file manager, all files, folders, data of my site are lost.

also unable to upload files, unable to check mails.

lots of problem. please help soon and rectify the problem.

my userid for cpanel is bhavesh

We told what happened in the other post and now is closed so this is probably going to be closed soon also. Be patient, I know it's hard but I'm sure they're working on it. Anyway I don't understand why did they close the other post, because Opaque told us to keep him informed on possible errors after change and that's what we were doing... my problem is still that I cannot access to phpmyadmin. I also don't understand why the panel has changed and if this is temporary or not, because I liked the other most.

Edited by Sprnknwn (see edit history)

The other topic was closed because many members were complaing about the same problem over and over again. It was pointless to keep it open as the same members were asking the same questions. Now the Cpanel was upgraded to Cpanel X and this is permanent. I dont no why you are complaining about the new cpanel as it has more features.

bhavesh last night I told you what I mentioned to your brother, in which he should have told you everything I told him besides the HDD being swapped out. That their have been problems going on all over the place since the cpanel and hdd swap, all your files are safe in some other part of the system and that's reason you can't access them at the moment. Due to fact that that were most likely they were part of the HDD disk failure and if they were moved back their would be a slight chance they could be deleted.It is obvious from the admin silence that they are still working on the problem ( I don't think OpaQue has even slept since then). Once they got everything figure out and the problems are fix then they will let you know. So be patient and wait it out. Yes it's a bummer that you can't do anything with your website, but these things happen during upgrades and what not. All I know is that trap and asta have been affected by this, I don't know if Xisto - Web Hosting or even quipis by this, but most highly doubtful since they are on different servers.

actually I have contact Opaque through yahoo messenger, and he has suggested me to contact support and give the userid for cpanel, thats why i have started a new topic here.Also I have full faith in Opaque, it will take time but I belive he will solve the problem. He is doing a good selfless service, and I think all the lucky winners (whose sites are affected) should show patience and give admins time to solve the problem.May God help admin to solve the problem and retrieve all the data safely. Amen.

The other topic was closed because many members were complaing about the same problem over and over again. It was pointless to keep it open as the same members were asking the same questions. Now the Cpanel was upgraded to Cpanel X and this is permanent. I don't no why you are complaining about the new cpanel as it has more features.

Yes, I know people was complaining over and over again, and I don't support that... in a a free hosting like this. It's really selfish. Admins are human beings and you can't expect them to work for each user for free. Anyway, based on previous experience, I think Opaque does it and pretty well. But I think is better to let the people talk about the problems in their sites than shutting their mouths because this way they'll feel unheard... when we know that it's not like that.

As for the cpanel I don't know much, so I was just asking. I didn't know that CpanelX was the newer version and I didn't know that it had more features (it doesn't look like it, at first sight) but I found the previous version better, at least visually... for example the first thing I noticed is that there isn't a direct link to phmyadmin (probably the feature I used most) and you have to enter first in mysql databases. Anyway, I'll get used to it... as I said before, I was only asking, not really complaining. Sorry.

EDIT: To say that I can enter phpmyadmin now ;)
Edited by Sprnknwn (see edit history)

I'm having this problem as well; but my website displays, so I know my files are there -- I just can't see them through File Manager :/

I have the same problem as described above, my file manager in cpanel shows the following error message:

[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]

and the trash panel shows this message:

Unable to change directory to /home/blackrab/.trash! You do not seem to have access permissions! (System Error: Permission denied)

However I can see my site so I know it's there but I'm only unable to see its content on file manager.

Through FTP I have the same result no files or folders show under the root "/" folder but if I type the path like "/www/home" or "/www/" to the folders under the root I'm able to see their content.

I'm also having problems with mysql, it shows the following message when I try to open my "/home/index.php" file which is my main page:

Consulta: SELECT * FROM phpraid_profile WHERE profile_id='-1'

Detalhes: Table 'blackrab_forum.phpraid_profile' doesn't exist

I don't know why mysql is serching for "blackrab_forum.phpraid_profile" when my script only searches for "phpraid_profile", obviously the first don't exist, I already tried to look at my script if there is any error, but it works fine on other servers.

The table where the data is, is called "phpraid_profile" and is in the "blackrab_phpraid" database, there are another database called "blackrab_forum", but that is not searched by this page of script or any include there.

By the way if the my account id is usefull to solve the problem then here it is: blackrab

Thanks a lot Opaque for any help you can give me...

Edited by blackrabit (see edit history)

i keep getting this error when trying to access my site "Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory." I am guessing its because i dont have fantisico e-commerce on my cpanel.Take your time i am in no hurry just thought i should express the problem.

Please take these steps for your hosting account support:

Check your script with PHP version compatibility. Recent upgrade features PHP 5.2.0 on Xisto hosting account

Write down exactly what kind of error you are facing

Send to support{at}xisto{dot}com with

subject: Xisto hosting support

body message include: cpanel name, server name (gamma), your domain (or sub-domain), and the exact error you're facing

I would like to thank everyone for staying so very patient through this little hiccup. This issue should not have happened in the first place but you never know about computers and their errors in this imperfect world.

Be patient until OpaQue has the chance to read your email and act accordingly. He may not reply to every email sent. Check your hosting account once in 24 hour period to give OpaQue some time to work on these issues. Contact me if it goes way too long, like 2 days.

Thank you.

As you told us I'm posting here to remember that my problem described at this post:

I have the same problem as described above, my file manager in cpanel shows the following error message:[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]and the trash panel shows this message:
Unable to change directory to /home/blackrab/.trash! You do not seem to have access permissions! (System Error: Permission denied)

However I can see my site so I know it's there but I'm only unable to see its content on file manager.
Through FTP I have the same result no files or folders show under the root "/" folder but if I type the path like "/www/home" or "/www/" to the folders under the root I'm able to see their content.

I'm also having problems with mysql, it shows the following message when I try to open my "/home/index.php" file which is my main page:

Consulta: SELECT * FROM phpraid_profile WHERE profile_id='-1'
Detalhes: Table 'blackrab_forum.phpraid_profile' doesn't exist

I don't know why mysql is serching for "blackrab_forum.phpraid_profile" when my script only searches for "phpraid_profile", obviously the first don't exist, I already tried to look at my script if there is any error, but it works fine on other servers.
The table where the data is, is called "phpraid_profile" and is in the "blackrab_phpraid" database, there are another database called "blackrab_forum", but that is not searched by this page of script or any include there.

By the way if the my account id is usefull to solve the problem then here it is: blackrab

Thanks a lot Opaque for any help you can give me...

has not been resolved yet and more than 2 days passed since I sent the email to the support@xisto.com as you described.

Thanks for the attention...
Edited by blackrabit (see edit history)