xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
elrohir

Comments On Eragon Movie Comments on Eragon Movie

A while back, I spotted the book Eragon (Christopher Paolini) in the English section of the local library, and tried it out. It was good, and as soon as they got in the second of the Inheritance trilogy - Eldest - I took that one out as well. It wasn't quite as great, but then they never are. Live with it. I have known for a while that they were making a movie about it, and I got round to seeing it just last night. To get straight to it, I was really disappointed. I thought that there was a lot in the Lord of the Rings that didn't go into the films, but that was nothing, NOTHING compared to what happened to Eragon. And it appears that a lot of people on the web seem to agree with me on that. The scenery was great, as was the animation of Saphira, the dragon. The filming was fantastic. Ed Speelers did a reasonable job at Eragon, and Brom was great. What there was was good, and as a movie in itself it was reasonable. It reminded me a little of Dragon Heart 2. Exept that it did have some kind of plot. That plot was, however, not what the book was about. There was so much missing, so many points that just never appeared, that I doubt they will be able to make up even if they do make a film of Eldest. They just don't have a good enough foundation to make it any more related to the book than Eragon was. Fox really failed to meet expectations there, and I am sorry I paid to watch the movie rather than DLing it after the DVD was released. Has anybody else here seen it (and preferably have read the book)?It would be nice to see what people who did like it thought was so great (I'm still trying to get that out of the people who were so enthusiastic about the LOTR films, btw... ), just to try and understand their POV. Not that I really respect about the ideas of anyone who liked that thing, but that's beside the point...-E

First of all, there was a lot of action going on, but wasn't exciting enough. Okay, I admit I did not read Eragon novel, but I assumed it would be something like Lord of the Rings, at least it is way better than Eragon. I wasted money buying tickets... I want a refund!

I have read the books and really enjoyed them, i am currently re-reading the first book whilst playing the eragon game on xbox 360.as i live in a remote are of australia the film has not yet reached me but i will definitly see it when I get the chance.Christopher Paolini is a very young yet great writer and in his newsletters he seemed to be impressed with the movie. Though I must admit alot of book adaption movie do seem to cut out the yet most important or most exciting parts. eg Harry Potter and LOTR. Though the movies still turn out brilliant. I shall see this movie and I do think that I will enjoy it.

I'm wondering Comments on Eragon Movie.

I hated it. Horrible. Did not follow the story at all. The only OK thing about the movie was the animation on Saphira. The Shade had a Dragon? Not in the book. The only part they followed the book is when he went to rescue Arya. Kind of. Overall i think the movie was dumb.

I haven't read the book nor any series that have been in the past except The Movie. I really thought it was an ok movie. Didn't follow the story and gets kind of bored after. Wouldn't buy the movie for it's price though. If your a type of people that likes dragons and magic should but watch it (if you like it). Even the preview for that movie semms like a good movie but if you actually watch it it's dull.

I saw it and I don't know what to think. Didn't follow the book, SHORT MOVIE. Some parts were amazing, some ok, some bad, some boring, etc. I don't have time to write a full review but that's what I think basically.

I read Paolinis Eragon before i got to see it on movie theatre, and I was disapointed with how little storyline material around Eragon that was included in the movie. But my little brother saw it without reading it, and loved the film. He was disapointed that the movie gained so little attention, got so low score on IMDB as 5.1, and that there will not be an sequel to Eragon!I have learned from my misstake, there will not be any reading before I go see the golden Compass in december.

i haven't read the novel but i think the movie is suck. i hate to see the stupid female voiced dragon and i think the boy wasn't cute enough. lol. it was too far behind compare to Lord of the ring and harry potter (both based on novel).

I really love the Inheritance cycle. Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr... Really awesome. I did not watch the Eragon movie 'cause my sister said that it was bloody awful. It was different from the book. So what I did was read the first two books. After reading those, I decided to watch Eragon movie. My sis was right. It was entire different from the book. I hate the movie. If you did not read the book, you'll think it's good. I really hate it. I just hope they can remake the movie.. Or make the Eldest movie right. But with many mistakes, I doubt they can make it. However, I'm still looking forward for a better Eldest movie.. ?