xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
farren

Common Addiction Solutions Ever gone cold turkey or cured an addiction?

What do you think would be the better solution to common addictions?  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have any of you cured a common addiction that you or anyone you know have experienced? Feel free to shout out any helpful tips or what you think would be the most effective way of solving an addiction. Or simply add which method you feel would be the most effective. Whether you used an advertised product to help cut down, made your own program or cutting down moderately, the use of exercise or a certain diet, inspiration from other people or from advertisements displayed on TV/Radio. Or simply packing it in when you feel like it.

All addiction solutions are hard to carry through with, but I guess addicted people deserve it. They're the ones who got themselves into the problem, and they gotta get themselves out

I was once addicted to soda. I used to drink five cans of soda per day. I just started drinking less and less and eventually I wasn't drinking any soda. I think the method I used was to drink one can less per day than a couple days ago. For example, instead of drinking 5 cans a day, I lowered it to 4 a day. Then after a while, to 3 a day and so on. Eventually, the addiction was broken.

I was once addicted to soda. I used to drink five cans of soda per day. I just started drinking less and less and eventually I wasn't drinking any soda. I think the method I used was to drink one can less per day than a couple days ago. For example, instead of drinking 5 cans a day, I lowered it to 4 a day. Then after a while, to 3 a day and so on. Eventually, the addiction was broken.

Yes, that is probably the best way.

There was a time when I tried, not to quit consuming caffeine, but cut down, and it worked out fairly well actually. I usually get my caffeine from soda, and for a week or so I tried something. For every can of soda I drank, I would ave to drink a bottle of water (two bottles for a bottle of pop). It actually worked out fairly well, cutting my intake in half. I felt better, and there was more soda left in the fridge The only problem was that soon we ran out of bottled water, so.... But while it lasted, it worked fairly well. I usually only went for the caffeine when I wanted caffeine, but when I was just thirsty I grabbed a bottle of water. Any thoughts? Do you think this would work for you?

Right now, im extremely addicted to smoking, its really hard to quit this addiction. I even say to myself most of the time that i will quit smoking. BUT its just all in my mind! I think my body get used to this daily routine. I started smoking when i was just 13 years old. But then i was just trippin, never thought that i would be addicted with this. :XD: But then it turn to a serious addiction that gave me a big headache! can somebody help me? need advices... :)