xisto Community
googlue

Are Mobile Phones Dangerous? to the users health...

Are mobile phones dangerous?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There has been much talk about the "microwave radiation" that mobile phones emit.

View 1:

Yes, there is possibly some small risk from using mobile phones. It is vastly lower than the risks from smoking, driving or crossing the road, and probably significantly lower than the risk from TVs and TV transmitters. After many years of research, there is still no clear proof of any risk at all.

Statistics show that you are more likely to win a lottery jackpot, be struck by lightning, or even spontaneously combust than you are to be damaged by using a mobile phone! You are very likely to injure yourself as a result of tripping over the wire loop of a fixed phone(!). This is a frequent cause of accidents!!

View 2:

Posted Image

It may seem that mobile phones cause negligible radiation in comparison to microwave ovens but a simple calculation will show you the opposite.

If you talk on the cellular phone just one hour a day the whole radiation is as follows:

1 hr a day x 365 days a year = 365 hours

365 hours x 3 watts = 1095 watts

1095 watts x 10 years = 10950 watts!!!

10.000 watts radiation of cellular phone (ten times more powerfull than microwaves ovens) is as if you would put your head in a microwaves oven.

You can imagine what would happen to you... you would burn like a sausage.

Cell phone can do biological damage through heating effects >>>> This causes: headaches, earaches, blurring of vision, short-term memory loss, numbing, tingling, and burning sensations, bad sleep.

Decide for yourself!

View 1 is my view.

1 hr a day x 365 days a year = 365 hours365 hours x 3 watts = 1095 watts
1095 watts x 10 years = 10950 watts!!!

Let me give another example:
Cars are driving over a bridge with a frequency of 10 cars per minute. The bridge can handle upto 40000 kg. Each car weighs about 1000 kg.
10 cars = 10*1000 kg = 10000 kg
We then quickly find out that the bridge will break in
40000 kg / 10000 kg = 4 minutes!

:D

I dont think mobile phones are that dangerous ... its like people saying before how french fries cause cancer... its the same thing .. eventually everythign will cause cancer lol .. But in the case of cellular phones well.. its wireless .. so there is some risk with the waves running around and such but I highly doubt that it will happen.

It may seem that mobile phones cause negligible radiation in comparison to microwave ovens but a simple calculation will show you the opposite.

I just can't help keeping attacking this calculation! :D

This calculation is completely wrong.

That's because watts = joule / second, so power equals work divided by time.

So you can't say if a mobile phone has a radiation of 3W in one hour, it will have a radiation of 6W in two hours. The power will not depend on time, since the work will increase with time, and as I already said, power = work / time. So power will be constant. That means if a cellphone has a radiation of 3W in one hour, it will also have a radiation of 3W in one year!

This may seem a bit confusing, but it's true. You can't measure watts in time. You must measure the total amount of energy delivered.

So with that, in ten years, the total radiation power will still be 3 watts, right?

Well, not even that. Let's do the calculation once more.

Let's say you talk using the mobile phone 1 hour a day (that is more than I use it in one year, by the way). The average power would then be:

3W * 1h / 24h = 3W / 24 = 0.125 W

...oops.

And by the way, at school I got 6 (the best grade possible) both in my oral exam in mathematics and in our last science test about energy. :D

Personally, my view is that they are not as harmful as they are projected to be...But in the post, I have just used whatever info I got to do justice to both the views...I am not an expert in energy so I cannot comment about watts not being related to time (?), I leave it to other learned forum members to decide...

i Agree that Mobile Phone is Dangerous.. Well if you use it for calling you friend too long or too many time... i never heard about microwaves think... what did i heard is about radiation.... it is actually come from radio waves

every cell phone will create radiation every time you make a call..., this radiation then will go through your brain and destroy (not that bad actually) the particle in your brain... the effect is BRAIN CANCER... isn't it dangerous?

But some opinion said that Nokia is the most dangerous since it make more radiation output than other cell phone.. how to reduce the effect of radiation, you can use handsfree device

open this link for more info o phone radiation:

http://www.zyra.org.uk/phonmast.htm

WE've got a phone mast thing in our school field...I think.In my opinionI DO belive that it is very bad for you. Because as said before of the radiation it gives out.THIS IS SOMETHING ELSE: Some times when I talk on the phone...it rattles my ear and then goes itchy I guess I have too much ear wax to get around jokes...I'll still use one though.

every research made on this is still inconclusive at this point. technology always offer

some form of bane so in some way, it is "dangerous".... but not to the extent that

view #2 says.

test subjects who report symptoms in view#2 could just be suffering from an extreme

case of hypochondria. :D

maybe in the next generations to come, when they finally grow an extra ear or

their ears get dislocated to their chins, then maybe - just maybe - we can attribute

these mutations to cellphone use of their ancestors (which are us. :D)

idk, cell phones are probably bad for you, but they haven't done anything to me. i talk on the phone for like 4 hours a day on average. i really hope that this isn't doing any long-term damage. sorry to contradict what i said before, but i don't think cell phone physically do any damage to you, except that your arm starts to hurt after a while. get a headset or a speaker-phone dealy.

they can be dangerous in a very different way too, some nokia cell phones exploded in the face and hands of a women in the netherlands, don't know if you know that....the battery just exploded for some reason, nokia sayd it wasn't an original battery, but that may just be ***

they can be dangerous in a very different way too, some nokia cell phones exploded in the face and hands of a women in the netherlands, don't know if you know that....

the battery just exploded for some reason, nokia sayd it wasn't an original battery, but that may just be ***

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:P That is actually pretty funny. I didn't know cell phones could just explode when you are using them ;) Anyways...they are from the netherlands, so what do you expect ;) cold?

I have never thought mobiles to be a hazard to my health and I have been using them for quite a long time now.Well, whatever it takes, there are still low radiation phones and mine is one of those. I am not at all bothered about the radiation cos it has a very low radition frequency.

I do believe that thhey emit an amount of electrical output just like any other device. Whether it is more or less or even dangerous is something I really don't care about.

I will agree with one of the posters about Nokia phones being more hazardous than others. For example, hybrid in Nokia 3310 (i think that's the model) is 1W strong, while in other phones it's about 0.2 to 0.4W (these are numbers I'm digging up from memory).Anyway, the other point... Mobiles emit radio waves even when we're not talking... They will search for network, or communicate with providers control center. And, as everything that emitts something, I believe is potentialy harmfull.And you all must agree with me, even if mobiles could kill in a year, do you think we would know? Mobiles take great share in market, and let's face it, none of us could live without one, right? ;)So, as harmful as mobiles can be, they are... necessary ;)