xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
communitykat

Cream Puffs Cream puffs are easy to make

Hello out there! Many people think that cream puffs are hard to make. In fact they are one of the easiest things...and yummiest things to make. All you need is 1cup of water, 1cup of flour, a pinch of salt, one stick of butter and some filling. I just use heavy whipping cream and add a little powdered sugar and what ever flavoring I want in it, usually chocolate. So easy, really!So, how does this magic work? Boil the water and butter on the stove in a pot. When the butter is melted, turn off the heat and stir in the flour, it will turn into a pastey dough. spoon the dough out onto a cookie sheet and bake at 375. For the best cream puffs make small dollups of dough, and make sure to bake long enough, until medium golden brown. If they are too big or not cooked enough they will fall. Take the golden puffs out and let cool. Split in half and fill with cream! Yum!

Thanks for the great - yet simple - recipe! Aren't you missing the eggs to keep it all together? Maybe it might because of where I live, but a lot of cream puffs here have custard filling (which includes eggs, sugar, etc. all mixed together) inside.

I have made my own butter before. it's easy. All you do is take the heavy whipping cream, beat it with a wisk, or an electric mixer, which is easier, of course, and then it will curdle and turn yellowish. Then you just wring it out with a paper towel or cheesecloth, if you have it, and there is butter! It's so cool--i never knew butter was just consolidated cream for some reason...Then, if you want to make it healthy, just heat teh butter in a pan until the creamy-ness separates from the liquid, and viola, there you have it: clarified butter (aka ghee)...It's healthy, because the creamy part is the not-so-good-for-you part of the butter, and the clear liquid is actually beneficial to your health, so say some ayurvedic physicians. So there, homemade butter...

Whoa, that seems so simple. I will definitely have to give this recipe a shot because my dad LOVES cream puffs. And homemade cream puffs would be a perfect father's day present, eh? Especially since Father's Day is coming up sometime in the near future.Well, thanks for the awesome recipe. Has anyone tried it out yet? Do they taste divine? Just wanting to know if I really should give it a shot or not :lol: