xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rohit_25

Killer Tips For Photoshop Lovers

HOW TO USE RGB FILTERS ON GRAYSCALE IMAGES If you're working on grayscale images, you'll find there are some Photoshop filters that won't work (they're grayed out, so you can't access them). Of course, it's always the really cool filters, such as Lens Flare and Lighting Effects, that are grayed out. But don't be dismayed (in fact, be "mayed") because you can still use those filtersjust switch to RGB mode, run the filters, then switch back to Grayscale mode. It won't affect the color of your image because, well, there is no coloryou're working on a grayscale image. Switching to RGB doesn't suddenly pour color onto your image; your grayscale image will still look grayscale in RGB. When you switch back to Grayscale mode (after applying the filters), you'll get a warning asking, "Discard color information?" You can safely click OK, because after all, there was no color to begin with.

:lol: reply back... if u find this tutorial useful...

Cool nice tip bro, i barely work with premade grayscale images, but anyway i bet i will gonna apply this trick on some of my future work.I did something similar before, when on a image, all the Image Adjustments were disabled, i figured out that the image was on Indexed color mode, so i just switched to RGB mode and everything worked fine.Thanks for contributing, good tip :lol:

And besides to that, if you intend on printing these grayscale images, you?ll find that they will look amazing if you send them to the printing bureau in RGB.Don?t ask me why, just try it and see for yourselves.C ya.