xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kasm

Easter Eggs Is Symbol For Jesus' Resurrection As Well As Fish Image. Why Eggs in Easter

1. Christian use the egg as Symbol of Jesus Resurrection, Some dead was resin by Jesus but Jesus was risen by itself as the chicken brooks the egg to get out by itself.

2. Also Christian are using fish as symbol for Resurrection because of the story of Jonah in the Whale. As Jonah was inside the whale 3 days , Jesus was in the tomb 3 days. Even Jesus said about that [i will quote from revised std ver]:

Matthew 12:39 - But he answered them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign; but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah

Matthew 12:40 - For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale, so will the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

3. But I can not find any explanation for using rabbit in the Easter. I think it is business invitation or act my some to confusing people of the meaning of the Easter. If anybody know the reasons of rabbit chocolate, I want hear from him.

4. You can find egg and Fish images in the very old Churches in Egypt but nothing about rabbit.

5. On Monday, the next of Easter Sunday, Egyptian Christian (The Copts) is eating eggs and fish and going to breath fish air in parks and garden. The Muslims in Egypt are use to do the same as celebration of the spring.

The rabbit symbolizes Spring and all things cute and new and refreshing. The rabbit 'springs' around to children's homes every easter and gives them chocolates to make them happy. now the chocolate industry has kind of ran with the idea of chocolates and rabbits. Oh, and rabbits symbolize fertility, which also symbolizes Spring, which kind of relates to the The Resurrection and new begginings.

The rabbit symbolizes Spring and all things cute and new and refreshing. The rabbit 'springs' around to children's homes every easter and gives them chocolates to make them happy. now the chocolate industry has kind of ran with the idea of chocolates and rabbits. Oh, and rabbits symbolize fertility, which also symbolizes Spring, which kind of relates to the The Resurrection and new begginings.

1. The topic not about Rabit as Rabit and what it symbolizes in general. The topic is what rabit symolizes to the Eastern as I explained for eggs.

2. Nowhere in the history or the old Churches any use for the rabit as symbol to the Eastern or any other things.

3. And as I said it is recent invention of business Empire. Exactly as they change St Nicol who was lovely bishop in Turkey to become St Claus who lived in the northern Pole.

4. This beside the hiden reason to confuse the Christian events to be presents , toys and chocletes.

5. By the way as Australian I tell you that Easter in Australia is in Autumn and not in Spring. Is Rabit also symbolise Autumn too.

6. When I told that Egyptian is eating Eggs and fish the day next of Easter [the first day they eat meat after the long fast]. I mentioned that the Christian [the original people before Arabs] means to symblise Easter. Also I mention the moslem do the same . They fellow the native tradition and found reason to celeberate that is a Spring day [even the spring offically is on 21 March]..But the this day is not fixed but it the Monday next of Easter Sunday. But I don't claim that because the eggg is come from chicken and both sybolizes Spring. I stress egg is symbolize Easter as I explained why.

1. The topic not about Rabit as Rabit and what it symbolizes in general. The topic is what rabbit symbolizes to the Eastern as I explained for eggs.

2. Nowhere in the history or the old Churches any use for the rabbit as symbol to the Eastern or any other things.

I don't know... maybe it's one of those things that started out pagan but was "converted" into Christian belief. Something like Samhain (Hallowe'en) being turned into All Souls' Day or Saturnalia (or Yule) being turned into Christmas. How about Lupercalia into a day for St. Valentine's?

Personally, I do feel (not think, feel) that the rabbit was "gobbled up" by Easter and not the other way around. The capitalist rabbit gobbling up Easter? Psh.

Of course, those are just my feelings (not thoughts, feelings) :lol:

P.S. I believe the Easter bunny was actually a hare and not a wabbit.

It should be "Easter Eggs ARE A Symbol"Other than that yes, you're right.Why is the fish a symbol??

Its interesting how you can learn a whole lot of things here in the Xisto forums.

Why is the fish a symbol??

seez, I think you didn't read the content of my original post. I explained that as Johan was inside the whale 3 days, Jesus was in the tomb three days too. For that Christian take the whale [or fish in general] as Reserruction symbol. Also I told that Jesus explained that by himself.

Matthew 12:39 - But he answered them, "An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign; but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of the prophet Jonah

Matthew 12:40 - For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale, so will the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

seez, I think you didn't read the content of my original post. I explained that as Johan was inside the whale 3 days, Jesus was in the tomb three days too. For that Christian take the whale [or fish in general] as Reserruction symbol. Also I told that Jesus explained that by himself.

That doesn't really explain much, since a whale is not a fish.

I don't know... maybe it's one of those things that started out pagan but was "converted" into Christian belief.

My dad keeps saying something about how Easter came from a Pagan religion where every year people gathered around and sacrificed their children to some goddess named Esther or something, and painted eggs with their blood. My dad is really religious, so I would think he would know, but I'm not really sure. He says almost every holiday from the Christian belief is from some Pagan religion, though. It's all a conspiracy. ;)

That doesn't really explain much, since a whale is not a fish.

1. Who said fish does not included any whale?. Please read the en-wikipedia : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fish_common_names

2. AWhale shark, the world's largest fish, is classified as Vulnerable.see the above reference. Also you can see in the same reference among the list of fish: whale catfish , whalefish and whale shark

3. Also in : http://www.nature.org/newsfeatures/specialfeatures/animals/index.htm you can read that the whale shark is the world?s largest fish, growing as long as 60 feet see

4. Also visit http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ under the headings: THE WORLD'S LONGEST FISH and answering the question of What is the world's longest fish?. The answer was:

The longest recorded whale shark and thus world's longest fish was caught off the Gulf of Thailand in 1919 and was quite the plateful measuring 59 feet.

5. By the way the Old Testament calls the creature that swallowed Jonah a "Great fish" and in the New Testament Matthew 12:40 says that the creature is a whale.

Matthew 12:40 - For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the whale, so will the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth

It is not contradiction but it means big fish and it is matter of translation. The original Greek from which it was translated calls it a "sea monster".

6. Morever people 2000 years ago were not classified the matter as science do now. They considered that creations that living in the water and has fins to be called fish. As who has wings as birds. So they considered pat as bird for that.

7. What I said about eggs and fish was founded in very old Churches in Egypt. THIS IS A FACT [you can see it when you visit the old Churches in Egypt] All what I explained why the Christian took them as symbols for Jesus Resurrection. Then I was questioning why the business organisation invited the rabbit to be related to Easter without any basis and reason except distributing their Cocletes and get profit