xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ridwan sameer

Please Review My First Ever Sig PLease review this this is the first sig i even tried to make

HEy guys,This is the first sig i made/Ever tried to make.I spent an approximate of half an hour making this. PLease review this and be as brutal as you can. and if you see any mistakes please point it out and if you can please give me step by stepinstructions to improve or give me a tutorial ( i use fire works ) i hope this you like------------------------------------------------------------------------MY FIRST SIG-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-40391-1175768450_thumb.jpg

For Fireworks, i must say that's pretty good. I would recommend using a more advanced GFX program like the GIMP, for example. After installing the GIMP, you may wanna download some brushes for it. This would really improve your sig work. Also, you may wanna look up some sig tutorials to help you get a feel on some sig basics.

Try render blending (look at my sig). after your render layer, make a new layer, brush the bottom of the render with a brush. As truefusion said, I would reccomend using the Gimp. You can make better stuff using the GIMP.

I personally think that the image you have created is quite a good one. It is certainly a lot better than what I could create. To improve it, I would recommend adding shading or some other effect to make your signature look nicer.I agree with what some of the other users have suggested, about using a different program for doing the imaging work. Fireworks is quite a good program and includes a lot of tools, however, if you were to choose a more advanced program such as The Gimp mentioned above or Adobe Photoshop if you were interesting in creating professional images, you would have a lot more effects to choose from and would be able to make use of main different brush styles and schemes etc.If you do move over to another program, such as The Gimp, what you could do is copy and paste your image and edit the copy. You could then add various effects and play around with different brushes without messing up the original. You could then perhaps post your new image to this topic or simply compare the two images which you created (the one you did on Fireworks and the one you did on the other imaging programming (Gimp etc).You have done well with creating what you have. The image has a very good design. Keep up the good work :lol:

Edited by sportytalk (see edit history)

OK,I will always take advice from experts. I downloaded the GIMP ( it would would recommend reading the topic posted on Xisto " How to setup GIMP " Or something like that. OK well i find the Gimp a very Easy to use program and i created a sig withing 20 minutes ( i could have finished it in 10 )Well here it is. and as i said be brutal as you can tell me even the smallest mistake pleaseThanks,Here it is

post-40391-1175859706_thumb.jpg

i liked the homer simpson one, i think it was pretty good if it was your first one. and, the first one is way better tehn the second one, the second one sorta hurts my eyes when i look at it