xisto Community
gameyourheartsout

Programs for games

first off i would like to announce this is my first time on here, i would like to know what kind of programs i need to edit my Pc games. i have been learning how to edit with just texts but i would like to know what i need for the text scripts i can't read? any information can help--thanks

Edited by gameyourheartsout (see edit history)

Oh. Heh. I remember those times. :lol: It'd have been better if you posted this in the games forum though.Well, you'd first need to know what your language your game was made inin order to do it the easy way. The hard way is to get a disassembler andpatch your games after you learn assembly language.Yeah, it's not that easy unless you know what you're doing.Care to specify?

first off i would like to announce this is my first time on here, i would like to know what kind of programs i need to edit my Pc games.
i have been learning how to edit with just texts but i would like to know what i need for the text scripts i can't read?

any information can help
--thanks

First of all, what game is it? with Textpad, you can alter the codes even if it's written in Hexadecimal.

First of all, what game is it? with Textpad, you can alter the codes even if it's written in Hexadecimal.

Just a a couple of games, age of methology the titans, and lotr bfme2. and few others.

also i am new at this as well, but i can open them in text pad, it just comes out as random letters, and numbers

where can i get a disassembler?
Edited by gameyourheartsout (see edit history)

I would suggest textpad also it is free and really good and can open any type of file almost also. You should now that if you use disabler then you have to aedit code of the game and not the game itself I would suggest that you don't use it because disassembler most of the time doesn't returns the actual code and when you edit it it may stop working however along with disabler you could write your own code which would change the values of variables while you are running game and in that way influencing whatever you want from the game.