xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
velma

Suicide Bombers... Profession By Choice? Do they do it out of choice or forced

HEllo.Like the title suggests why do you think that suicide bombers do what they do? I have heard of bombers having this crazy belief that if they destroy "enemy" countries then they are helping in protecting their country and making her prouder :lol: .... Why? And It isnt like they are alll old men but young boys as yound as 13-17 are doing this. We speak of the younger generations being the better generatin then why is an alarming rate of young men doing this?Even women and girls are doing this..... It promotes terrorism rather than help end issues.Dont they understand? Tell me what you think ?

I don't know if it's by choice and I'm sure it is not a profession. I mean, if you are educated from child to do something, you probably will end doing it, because there is no other life for you except that. You are living only to get to that specific moment in which you must blow yourself with everybody near. Or so they have told you... I mean, you're trained as f you were in the army but you're trained to die and kill before you even know how they're manipulating you. So probably is a mixture of the frustration of seeing their countries being attacked by occident and the inability of escape to the fate someone has written for them beforehand.

In my opinion, it is fanaticism taken to the extreme.Let's face the gentler aspects first; patriotism, for one, as been regarded as a positive thing. However, even as such, it has a darker side, that is, it undermines world peace/unity for the sake of a nation's progress.Taken to the extreme, we can have various reasons for suicide bombing. Ranging from the relatively tame and simple psychological disorders to war stratagems to a "worthy" cause. (I do not mean to insult those who plan on suicide bombing by putting quotes in "worthy"; it's just that what's worthy to one may be foolish to another. It's a relativity thing) Ultimately, though, I guess the point of suicide bombing is gaining attention and getting a message across.The 9-11 bombing, for one, must've been a message that says, "There is a grave threat to America and this threat is real. Take this threat seriously and be not complacent nor rest on your laurels."There has been, recently in our country, a hostage crisis. Unlike suicide bombing, there were no casualties. Au contraire, the entire shindig ended peacefully. The hostage-taker used the attention he got to expose corruption in his home province along with outlining other ills that plague our beloved nation. After he had said his piece, he peacefully surrendered. Now, what's sad is that the media and, in general, everybody, focused on the crime of hostage-taking. People were taking action like filing suits against him, psychiatrists were "mending" the minds of the "traumatized" children (who left the place smiling and rallied for the hostage-taker's release days after) but nobody even paid attention to the things he brought to light, namely, corruption and scandal.I suppose, then, that the bitterest thing that could happen to suicide bombing is people ignoring the message and focusing on the wrong and obscenely superficial things. It means, in all angles, a life wasted on absolutely nothing.P.S. I don't support non-war suicide bombing that involves collateral damage (i.e. loss of innocent lives). If it were just a plane slamming into a vast desert, a polar icecap or Mount Rushmore then I wouldn't mind at all :lol:

I think its just part of their beliefs. They believe that their enemy is the devil, and killing just one of them will give them eternal life with however many girls waiting for them. Its sad that they do believe that as it ends their lives before it really begins. I remember my dad having to explain to me after the 9/11 attack how the people flying the plains hadn't jumped out of them. I had thought nobody would ever have killed themselves to do that, I know now why they did, and pray that other terrorists will learn not to.

Yea, I think that it is a part of their beliefs that make them to do it. They are taught things since they are children that giving their life for the cause is good and they will have a better life after they die and things. I don't really think it's a profession, because it would be the worst one to get into. The only act you do in your job would be die, and then after that, you are dead, so you get no pay for it... I don't know.I think that some people are probably forced to do it, while others really believe it's the right thing to do, and then there are other people that coerce (I think that's not spelled right lol) people into doing it for their own reasons. My dad was trying to explain it to me too... but it's hard to understand why some people can think so totally different that me that something like killing yourself so that you can be praised by god is right... I don't think their are many reasons I would want to die unless it meant to save someone precious to me. And even then, I don't think I could kill someone, unless it was an extreme choice of if I didn't they would kill me or my family.

Edited by midnightvamp (see edit history)

Suicide bombers are a case of fanatism gone beyond limits,the bombers are brainwashed beyond all comprehension and really speaking,the bomber and the recruiter are equally to blame.the bomber because he didnt have the capacity to use his reason and do he right thing,but the real blame goes to the employers who use them as mere puppets to carry out their undertakings.they are just too cowardly to fight their own battles so they turn to the unemployed,frustrated and guliable yourth,who can easily be manipulated by their oratory powers.It isnt really the 17 year old who lost his parents in a skirmish and led life of the streets fault ,but the fault of the warped few who corrupt them

For some of them, it is part of their beliefs, as they seem to believe they will be a martyr if they blow themselves up in front of a popular "opposing faction" place. But it could be said that their "leader" or "employer" were the ones that were yelling out the orders, and the employee or "puppet" was merely carrying out their wishes. To be honest, i dont know why some people call it a 'profession', but it clearly isnt, and could be compared to "euthanasia", which is another suicide type method.But in the end, it can be either someone that is frustrated in life and turns to something like this, some may actually believe in what the leaders/employers/etc are saying, or 'sacrifice' for the good of their 'religion' rather.

Yes I agree with many of you it is fanaticism taken to the extreme. And it is part of their beliefs but only theirs as I don't blame brainwashed child no one can however we should found the real source of this evil and that are those man who are interpreting kur'an in such hostile way. I have one Muslim friend and asked him will he ever do that. And he replied to me that he wouldn't because he is educated and knows better, and he reads kuran and doesn't find anything about such way of warfare. However I still consider Islam as aggresive religion as we don't see any Europeans I am considering Christians nor we see some Americans both USA Canada and LAtin America going to the Middle East and sticking bomb to his or hers chests and then blowing himself. It is just nonsense, and doesn't produce any higher good just that more people would die. The only way to stop this is to find masterminds behind these operations and then maybe just maybe such terrorist attacks might stop. As if they are not imprisoned or two feet under ground they will find new ones and then brainwashed them.And it is certainly not a profession however people are getting paied to do so that is their families are recieving payment as a help for missing family member. Hamas is usually doing so when recruting new sucide attackers.

This suicide bombing stems from a person's faith and way of life. Many cultures believe in this practice or have believed in it at one time. In WWII, there were Japanese suicide bombers who flew their plane directly into their enemy. And of course today you have religious extremists blowing themselves up in marketplaces in the Middle East. This is definately a crazy practice in our eyes - though the people doing this see it as an honor. People are taught that dying for their country and beliefs is an honorable thing to do. And as such, they will be rewarded in the afterlife. There have been many reports that Al Qaeda tells their recruits and bombers that they will be rewarded with 72 virgins, remain young forever, and live in paradise. I guess this offer would be a very enticing offer to some men. Though people link suicide bombing today solely with people of Middle Eastern descent it is important to remember that there have been many suicide bombers of every culture.

Well there is difference between Japanese and Muslims making suicide attack.Firstly, Japanese were attacking solely military targets and their suicide attack was in fact defence of their home country and futile prevention of Americans overruning them in the pacific. Also it was considered as honer. And attacking military targets is really different then attacking innocent people like in market places and children in the school buses.Also there is large difference when you are defending you country and when you are making suicide attack on foreign grounds. Actually one more thing is important as what do you attack because terrororist are usually that is always attacking society targets and not military. However Japs were always attacking military targets. And you youself said why are they doing it for some 72 virgins and so on. It is not questianable why are they called fanatics.

Sometimes; it's mostly societal pressure that turns anger into all-out violent hatred. Like many here have said, it's a tragic case of puppetry -- reckless and destructive.

Sometimes; it's mostly societal pressure that turns anger into all-out violent hatred. Like many here have said, it's a tragic case of puppetry -- reckless and destructive.

I wouldn't agree on this one either as if you check suicide and bomb attacks in London those guys who did it were actually born in London at least those who they caught were born and raised. And as far as I understand London as city and metropole it is made of thousands nations and many religions so how can then society make pressure on one to commit such violent attack of hatrage against other person nation and religion.

Because if you are living in certain country you have to abide to the laws of that country and you cannot just bring your laws and you rules in this society it is nonsence and if this is why they commited such violent acts then their parents and they should return to the country of origin. I really don't get how could society influence young person to commit something like that.

It is just wrong.

And if you explained your idea a bit further it would be appreciated.

Has anytone watched 24 the season 8. Theres a couple of suicide bombers. Now lets assume their cause is right. Lets assume its the only way they can get their message across. isnt it funny how the boss says Tarin go with this bomb and set it off at this place. But he's no where near that place himself. The boss always sends the suicide bombers with promise of your name will be come famous. I would ask him what about you sir dont you wanna be famous. THey always ask these people to sacrifice their families but the boses family is usually never involved in this. Wha a sad loss. Also how come at the training school the boses never get hurt by the new guy. I mean surely they have a few people in the trainning school who need to show everyone how its dont using live ammo lol. What a bunch of suicide bombing fools. Has any of the prophets ever come back from the dead to say if there are even any virgins that they are promised. If there is sex happening in the after life what makes the suicide bombers so sure that other guys havent shagged those olive eyed girls prior to the explosion.Its like on earth what guarantee do you have that any girl on the street is or is not a virgin. I doubt Allah has a queue of girls who serve him in heven or the after life just waiting for a suicide bomber so they can get laid

Wow , wow , people here have a lot of imagination , and i think i also do !So , i'm not gonna defend terrorist , because they don't deserve to live , neither countries doing terrorism !Then i'm just going to speak about people who have their countries , or lands devastated by an enemy , who came from outside the country and want to take it off from them , when people has no weapon to face the enemy , they choose themselves as a weapon , it's not like the mass destruction weapon , like others do have , but for them it'll cause a minor effect on the enemy , and maybe he *enemy* will think again about the decisions !If you guys think taht Palestinian people are terrorist , because they are suicide bombers , then you will be wrong!Palestinian for example , are facing a great country , and i'm not speaking about Israel , i'm speaking about USA , wich is helping Israel with Weapons and decisions , and covering her back !When a palestinian sees his land taken off by Israeli army , when he sees his brother or sister raped by israeli army , what do expect him to do? fight ? with what? a ROCK !Here come the suicide bombers , they are doing this to face the enemy , They fight the enemy with their lives , what a sacrifice !

Nirvaman - I like the point you raise. I dont mean to hate on USA but USA does ask for trouble by getting involved where they don't belong now Im not saying they shouldnt help Im saying they should not take sides. Because so many times I have noticed they speak against war while funding people like Mugabe and Saddam but once they cant get what they want from Mugabe and Saddams they make a noise and complain as loud as possible and they easily go to war. But then where you see America are Cowards. They always quick to send you weapons to kill each other and they dont care if you all finsih each other. Then ofcourse some people see through this and suicide bomb in America and suddenly america is a victim. What I know is as long as suicide bombers had never bombed the towers, then I bet they wouldn't be some famous now. We hardly knew about suicide bombers until Americans were hurt in the process of a suicide bomb and suddenly it was bad. I am not saying I enjo9yed the twin tower bombings and Im sorry to anyone ho lost family in it but from a marketing point of view the suicide bombers did a perfect marketing strategy to get noticed and noticed they did. But then coward americans straight away said no fightin in AMerica lets fight in their country so our country doesnt get damanged by war. They will park in the sea and shoot missles over a neighboring country and when retaliation happens some scud missles fail to reach the destination and destro the country they are flying over and in the news its portrayed as a war misfortune. But if someone killed americans in a simmilar way they would be branded evil and put on FBI most wanted. Sometimes America wants to be branded he super hero the super power but they are petrified of taking a bullet and having scar to prov they are really heroes. I just hope that one day they will aim for peace in the world not a piece of the world. America needs to stop training terrorists and teaching them tricks which when tables turn and America is on the receiving end they start crying fowl. Imagine is guantanomo bay was in IRAQ housing terrorists who were AMERICANS how much of a bigger deal would it have been.