xisto Community
henrijs

Any1 Can Recomend A Good Rts?

i have been playing quite many rts throughout my gaming experience (from simcity to the newest ones) and i havent just got hung on one type or title.so can you recomend a really addictive rts?

I'm not really sure but I can recommend some to you:Lord of the Rings:Battle forMiddle Earth(seriously it looks awesome)Age of Mythology(Great game, I spent hours playing it)Warcraft III and the expansion pack, Warcraft III:Frozen Throne...Lord of the Rings:War of the RingRome Total WarThats about it, I hope it helps you ;)

Anyone here played ground control 2. I found that was different enough to be interesting. You don't really have any basebuilding as such, your resources are based on controlling certain points on the map and reinforcements are flown in to landing zones if you control any. Unfortunately I can't quite get it running without stuttering on my pc, but it is good fun nonetheless. I would recommend giving it a go, there's bound to be a demo of it on the net somewhere. it also says you can play the missions in co-op mode, but I have yet to try that so can't say how good a feature it is.

Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth, definately out of the newer games.As for some of the little bit older ones, go for Age Of Empires 2 + the Conquerors. That is really addictive. I've als heard that it's better in many respects to its sequal, Age of Mythology. Also, Warcraft 3: Frozen throne is fairly good, and Age of Empires 3 is coming out this year.

i have been playing quite many rts throughout my gaming experience (from simcity to the newest ones) and i havent just got hung on one type or title.

so can you recomend a really addictive rts?

32422[/snapback]

I suggest you the Warcraft 3 pack ("Warcraft 3 : Reign Of Chaos" and "Warcraft 3 : The Frozen Throne" + A guide for only 50 euros :P ). You will be really addicted with this pack :D Be carefull :D This game is an anti-social life :D (Or you can play with friends B) )

Well. . . . when ti coems to RTS there are MANY MANY MANY, to chosoe from :P Also depends what type of game you want also.I'll do a little shortlist of what i enjoy:If you want to relive Lord of the rings :Battle for Middle EarthIf you want to play a game where you advance through all major ages :Rise of NationsIf you want to play a game where you advance through all major ages and then some: Empire EarthIf you want ancient times :Age of EmpiresIf you want Medevil times: Age of Empires, Age of KingsIf you want Ancient times with added fiction of gods and mythlogy: Age of Empires, Age of Mythology.If you want a fun and balanced fictional war rts: C&C Series, (Tiberian Sun is afavourite). . . . well i could just go on like this to be honest. Starcraft as people have said is excellent despite of its age.Also jsut a questiona bout War Craft 3. What is it like? I havent played it but am curious by the amount of support its got.

Also jsut a questiona bout War Craft 3. What is it like? I havent played it but am curious by the amount of support its got.

42597[/snapback]

It is like Starcraft, if you liked Starcraft, then it is sure you will be amazing by Warcraft 3. It is like Starcraft but with better graphics and 4 playables races :P You can evolve a Hero during the game and he learns some powerfulls aptitudes :D

It is like Starcraft, if you liked Starcraft, then it is sure you will be amazing by Warcraft 3. It is like Starcraft but with better graphics and 4 playables races :P You can evolve a Hero during the game and he learns some powerfulls aptitudes :D

42609[/snapback]

Sounds pretty hardcore B)

think i might give it a try. how many units are availalbe in the game, is it focused much on base building, and are the 4 races majorly differernt like starcraft?

I'm still waiting for Starcraft 2 :P That built on the Age of Empires 3 engine would be amazing :P

Sounds pretty hardcore  :P

think i might give it a try. how many units are availalbe in the game, is it focused much on base building, and are the 4 races majorly differernt like starcraft?

I'm still waiting for Starcraft 2  :D That built on the Age of Empires 3 engine would be amazing :P

43085[/snapback]

Not sure on actual unit count, bit the variety isn't too bad, and there's certainly many upgrades you can research for them too. Base building is important, especially establishing forward bases etc for gold mines. Bit similar to StarCraft I guess, where it was always important to get your second Mineral source. The races are different, that's for sure, but perhaps not *quite* as varied as StarCraft. In my opinion it's because they pretty much all have the basic classes - Basic soldier, *Advanced* Soldier, Seige, Basic Flying and Heavy Flying - note this is VERY generalized. Obviously with each race these units are very different, although they can be loosely grouped into those categories...

Is StarCraft 2 going to be based on the Age3 engine? That's news to me... wow :P

Don't even get me started on Startcraft! Lol... Awesome RTS I have played WCIII and I personally think starcraft is better to an extent. Starcraft is simpler which is good and bad. Faster load times for one. The use map settings arent quite as complex which can be good or bad, but i am quite happy with the starcraft ones. A Few personal favorites of mine... they have many defense games which are fun and involve teamwork and such. Good variety too for many strategies. Golems Is much fun. Its a massing game, but definately one of the better ones. And then there are RP games if you want to do that where u basically have ur own little DND session. Oh and Snipers is always a good game as well.I like the starcraft regular melee matches better. For one, lots bigger battles! 200 max unit limit per player compared to 90 i think it is. I also like the feel of it better I guess, but then again, they are very simillar... I dont know, maybe its because Ive been playing SC for 4 years nearly. I play starcraft mainly online, but the storyline is very good and the campain is fun and challenging if you dont cheat! All in all... I prefer Starcraft over Warcraft III, but it is just a personal preference.

I actually suggest Rollercoaster Tycoon if you haven't given that a shot. I have always enjoyed it(the original with Loopy Landscapes and Corkscrew folies). I never played 2 and din't like the 3d in 3, although I could understand why people would. For me the 3d in RCT3 was distracting. The original though could play for hours on just one level.Another RTS I liked was Lords of the Realm 2. Technically it isn't a full RTS though. It has turn based mixed with real time strategy. When you manage your counties and such you do it throught turn based strategy but when you do battle with your armies it is real tim. I feel this is a great mix and it makes the game HIGHLY enjoyable, and it easily gets my vote.Yet another RTS that I liked was Star War; Galactic Battlegounds Saga, I bought it cheap and really liked it, it used the AoE 2 engine I believe. So if you liked AoE 2 and Star Wars you would probably like this one. I like how it has many races and is very technology based, plus it looks cool too :)Finally I say Empire Earth coud be a good pick as well, I have played it a little bit with a friend of mine and we had a great time with it.

Well I am a big fan of RTS mainly because i love online play but my connection restricts me from playing first person shooters. Luckily I have no problems with any RtS to date. And i have played quite a few. A while back i bought some of the age of empires games... They were good, solid game play but they were missing one very important factor.... Nicitine yes nicitine they were just all around not very addictive I also tried the age of mythology games and i was to say the least very dissapointed some one coulda told me before i bought it that yes it had solid game play, and that it was good, but that it was EXACTLY like age of empires just with hero/mythological units.... and just as not addicting. No i would deffinelty not go shell out your money on any of the games in those two franchises. The command and conqueres are okay but there old and Starcraft is a much better option.... ahh yes the world of blizzard now were geting into some good games let me tell you about them. First I own Starcraft/expansion and the Wc battle chest Ive played both games alot. In the end i must say that I like SC sooo much more however thats not really fare considering there unlike most people say two tottaly differnt types of games. yes there both rts but wc has a smaller supply limt than sc it also has heros those two combied mean you have to "micro" (watch every unit closely/try to keep them alive - not just send them into battle) all your units espcially your heros the maps are also larger so you have less units and bigger maps and the units you do have cant just be sent careening into battle like the protoss zealots. Starcraft however is more focused on strategial stuff like how you place your troops, how you flank your enemy with your zerglings to surrond them and keeping a nice economy. Starcraft is deffiently based more towards the war like person that likes action and a very addicting game and for 15 bucks for the whole battle chest how can you go wrong? But if you like smaller stuff more time speant puttering with units/upgrading your heros etcc... and u cant stand graphics from 8 years ago then go WC but before you go wc i sincerlyh hope you give sc a try first. I game online all the time so if you ever need any help drop me a line.