xisto Community
sunzoje

Is Relationship Physical?

I am assuming you are meaning a relationship as in boyfriend/girlfriend type thing.Not at all, relationships can have nothing to do with sex at all, really you are in a relationship because you like that person and they have the same interests as you and you just click and get along.There are other ways of having a physical relationship that have nothing to do with sex, for example hugging, holding hands and kissing, some times these ways of showing affection can be more special to someone than sex.I hope I have been of some help :lol:

Hi sunzoje,I totally agree with matt2 and that you do not need to have sex with your partner if you are in a relationship. The thing is ,, Non sexual touching like hugging kissing is much more bonding than sex. That does not mean that sex is bad or something. It is a thing between two people who are comfortable and trust each other. Sex is a form of expressing your love for a person but is the most intimate form of showing your love & you have to decide whether it is lust or love. I know your wonderng how one will know but trust me you will know. Corny as it sounds. :lol: Coming back to the question in hand, Sex is important but the whole relationship does not depend on it. Like long distance relationships where there is no physical connection except the voice but they still stay strong.So take it from me Not all relationships have to be physical.I rambled for long but I hope I helped you :lol:

Love is an emotion, therefor it has nothing to do with the physical: appearance, contact, material items, etc...In a relationship you develop a trust for the person you're with. Trust is what allows the physical aspect to happen. You wouldn't let a stranger touch you, because you don't know them, so you can't trust them. The person you're with you do trust and you allow to them to touch you if they please.In most times, a love leads to an ultimate trust which is what gets people confused. If love is trust, why can't love be physical? Because if you love the person and you know things in the relationship need to stop (too much, too fast) than the love for that person would be more than the lust for that person. No matter how much you trust the person. That might sound a bit confusing but I'm sure after you read that a few times, you'll get it.

Depends. I think once you hit the physical level, it's hard/weird to stop that. I think that applies to all forms of physical affection, from hugs to sex.But obviously you can have a relationship without being physical, it's just not as much fun, in my opinion. o_O

When talking of physical relationship it doesnt mean only about sex. It means almost everything, a kiss a hug and even just a presence of someone you love beside you is a physical relationship. A stare and a smile that you see in your love one and their warm breath is a sign of a physical relationship.Yes, enable for a relationship to be successfull it must be physical for in we are physical being. Love is subjective but relationship is not. Lust and love are 2 different things in their own world. Sex is a want and relationship is a need.

Depends who you are, the above would describe the average nicer guy that doesn't have the whole, i'm a hunk, have sex with me type mentaility. However, there are alot of guys out there that would say yes, a relationship of this kind would involve sex. If your worrying only about sex though, then you shouldn't be in a relationship in the first place, more somewhere far away.

It was mentioned that giving up the physical part of a relationship (hugs, kisses, etc..) is hard and makes it awkward to be around the person. I can for sure say that this is true. It has happened to me before where we were just friends and the girl and I had become physically involved. Never sex, but she had the most addicting hugs and kisses. One day, all of it was taken away and I couldn't help but be astounded. It made being around her weird and everytime I was around her I wanted to do nothing but kiss her.Her and I are well past that part of the friendship. We have gotten back into cuddling and as of VERY recently we shared a kiss again. It's been an exhausting process.The good part about all of this though, is that I know that the physical part can be taken away and our friendship will be as strong as ever. And infact, we've discussed dating, but she's afraid of commitment. I know it's not just me, because she has told me she likes me and I've told her that I like her. But I think the more I show her myself as a person, the more her fear is breaking.So, you can see from my example that, infact, taking away the physical once it's been given is a hard and torturous process. But, if you love the person, you'll do what it takes to be around them. Even if it means giving up something you've grown fond of.

sex is important factor in early stage of relationship. i guess in first days months or years it becomes inevitable thing for couple to have constant and good sex. is it crucial? well, i guess it is. most people tend to be gentle at begening and don't force sex couse they are "in love". but after a while if they don't have sex they become nervouse and jumpy when they are abstinent for some time. then when it happens, most of the time it is great for both people, but sometimes two just can't find them selves in "bed" and it becomes to weird so sometimes breakup is coused beacouse of bad sex. although couples always talk about other stuff, most of the time "bed" problems are the reasons for break up.now, the problem comes after few years, when sex just simply becomes boring. you can maybe talk about that how your partner is boring, or how he doesn't turn you on anymore. it can be truth, but i think that it's just question of time when sex just isn't part of your life that often. you can either realize that maybe your whole long year relationship was maybe just based on good sex, and not on similar opinions with your partner. then you begin to wonder why are you with that person etc, etc--should you feel guilty when you realize that you spent all those years with this "new" person you discovered after sex got boring, or should you just get over it, and look for that person imediatly when you want to find a new boy/girl, that is.. well up to you. sex is important, when you just want to have sex, when you realize that sex is something else in relationship that other thing becomes much more important, and just then you see how it is really hard to find somebody with whom(or who dunno) you can spend your whole life with..

I am assuming you are meaning a relationship as in boyfriend/girlfriend type thing.
Not at all, relationships can have nothing to do with sex at all, really you are in a relationship because you like that person and they have the same interests as you and you just click and get along.

There are other ways of having a physical relationship that have nothing to do with sex, for example hugging, holding hands and kissing, some times these ways of showing affection can be more special to someone than sex.

I hope I have been of some help :lol:

Exactly, I completely agree. This person's right - listen to him.