xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Tjmax Customers Be Warned

If some of you have been somewhat paying attention to the news you would remeber last year that hte retailer TJ Max got hacked and customer info got compromised, well it was only in the thousands that could affect but that it's in the millions or exactly 45.7 million credit or debit cards. So if you are a customer on a regular basis or been to one, it would be smart to see if your number has been caught, since that is a very large number for credit cards to be stolen.

Source

Here

Yeah i heard about this on the news and it freaked me out quite a bit, since I think my sister shops there a lot so she most liekly has used her credit card there on numerous occasions. There isn't much good news to this story, but if there is any most of the cards are either encripted, or out of date so they have no use to the thieevs who stole it. Only thing I have left to say is do not lrt this jeopradize your relations with T.J max.I think this was just a mishap, and I am glad I don't shop there personally, but this will not make me or notm ake me ever shop there, iwll remain the same on this onme right here lol :lol:

Well it seems some new information has shown up about the TJ MAXX hack, it seems that the hacker wardrive their wifi network. For those who have no idea what wardriving is, it's basically a person driving around looking for wifi signals to hijack or in some cases hack into that computer the wifi is conntect to. They believe their wifi signal was using an outdated protocal that leaks out packet infomation, which I don't find surprising because people known for years that WEP has weak security and that been trying to improve on it as well. But of course I read an article a couple of months back that some people when they connect to a wifi in their homes and of course they showed the proper ways to do so. Either way I find this a big setback for improving wifi security though especially when you have a large network connected to a wifi signal.

SOURCE

Here