xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Imtay22

Grunge/abstract Sig [by Imtay22]

Posted Image

Completed experiment. Worked. Tried duplicating render layer and after using motion blur, duplicated layer and moved the blurred render around. Then Merged all blurred layers into one. Then did a Gaussian blur and soft light. Just Trying color experiments. Please rate and CC. Thanks!

I must say good render blending. I would suggest using multiple brush styles. A little brushing over the layer with the blurred out renders could have improved the sig a bit. Some contrast would have helped a bit, too. If the render took up more room, it may have improved the sig, also.I'd rate the sig: 6.25.

I have to agree with what truefusion has said. Some brushing to the left and right of the render would have added a little extra 'texture' and interest to the sides of the sig. I'm not so sure increasing the contrast would be such a good idea as there are already a few almost white areas and a few almost black areas. Changing the contrast might make those too strong, usless some brushing, a layer mask or levels are used instead. Also, the light blue glow around the top half of the render (not sure if you added it or it came with the render) looks slightly odd against the background. Replacing it with a different colour could work well.Overall I would give it a 6 out of 10.

To be honest I don't like it at all. There's almost no texture. And the colours really don't match. The contrast of the blue edge behind the warrior is very high and doesn't blend well with the blurring effect of the rest of the sig.

well, I am new at photoshop, you may say. I have had it for one month. I am looking at lots of tutorials here and on the web. We all hope I can get better!Thank you all for the CC!

i give it a 7/10. it si pretty good.. the blending is nice, and teh colors of the background sorta match the character. it can be improved upon, but it is still a pretty godo sig.