xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ashtonzzz

Do You Think Is A Good Idea For Male Cook?

I like cook on the fly. It is too complicated to follow tedious recipes, especially after one-day work. It is more helpful if I could easily find recipes based on what I have handy in my pantry, or based on my tastes and cooking levels. What I am looking for is that when I type in the ingredients, such as chicken, pepper, etc, the website will offer me the exactly matching recipes. How do you guys think?

Male cook? The only difference between male and women at cooking is that women traditionally were educated to cook. Now it?s not like that anymore (I hope). So it's not that you don't have the right gender to cook, it's only tat you have to learn and practice. If you only know how to fry, you would then get only fried recipes? That's crazy and your stomach would tell... :lol:

I'm not sure what your getting at here. Your title asks a completely different question than your post. For the question in the title, I'm male and I'm a half-decent cook. My dad cooks very well and I know plenty of men who cook very well. I don't see why it wouldn't be a bad idea for men to cook. As for your post, not sure what it is asking. :lol:

I am also slightly confused, your title is completely different to the content. Taking the title first, there is no problem being a male cook at all. A large number of the famous chefs in the UK are men, and nobody thinks any less of them or anything like that. Most work incredibly hard and often have great difficulty in finding work or starting their own business. In schools everyone is now taught to cook regardless of their gender, and its vital to learn how to feed yourself properly.

Taking your post: I have found the BBC website to be one of the best when searching for recipes by ingredients. You can also filter by vegitarian recipes, healthier recipes and very quick meals to prepare. They are also sorted by categories determined by the main ingredients, and if you watch BBC shows you can even filter them by the chef who devised them. Videos are also available for a few recipes.

What I am looking for is that when I type in the ingredients, such as chicken, pepper, etc, the website will offer me the exactly matching recipes.

Is this what you're after?

http://goodfood.uktv.co.uk/

Just go to where it says: "Recipes - search more than 8,740"

Add me to the "confused" crowd. I'm not entirely sure of what you're really trying to ask here.

A good site for ANY cook of ANY skill level or gender is allrecipes.com. You can search by the ingredients that you have in your pantry or you can search by keywords. You can also just browse to see what looks good. You have to sign up for a (free) account if you want to store recipes in your "recipe box," but you don't even have to do that much if I recall correctly (haven't visited the site in a few months or so now).

The title is wrong, due to my poor English. :lol: I want to know if this "matching recipes" could help people, especially male, to improve cooking sikll. There is a further idea. There is an online assistant (just like IKEA's "ask Ana", it is easier and quicker for us to find what we want. For example, you can "ask" her specific question such as " I have chicken, pepper and tomato. What kind of dish can I do"" She will "communicate" with you and "ask" you further questions "do you want to fry or roast?" "what kind of style, such as Italian food, Chinese Food or Indian food?" according to your answers, she will give you some recipes. I think most of people will be attracted to this kind of "search" experience.

Theres a couple nice websites there, i shall have to check them out next time im cooking! My favourite way of cooking is just to cook whatever i have, im only 17 going on 18 so i will literally eat anything, maybe thats why i find it so easy to cook something i like :lol:The best thing i made from this cook what i feel like thing was chicken pasta, so nice. I had a chicken mayo and sweetcorn baguette in college and it was really nice so i thought why not do the same thing but with pasta and salad and its so nice my mum has me and my brother cook it almost every weekend while shes working! And then i modified that by using fried mushrooms and bacon instead of sweetcorn. I think thats best way for anyone to cook instead of following recipes. I mean some of the recipes are very nice, like the cheesecake one i follow but food is a creation and any creation should come from how you feel and what you want at the time, not what a book says. Like with chicken and pepper and some salad you can dice the chicken fry it in a little oil with some of the pepper and have a chicken salad or something. Simple and quick! Or have the same thing but rice instead of salad, just add sme egg and the cooked chicken to boiled rice and fry the lot for a few minutes to get egg/chicken fried rice. Damn im hungry now... breakfast time!I like the website you mentioned where you list the things you have and the style of food you want and get some ideas, it sounds like a good way to experiment with different ingredients and see what goes and what doesnt and then you can make your own recipes depending on what you liked and what you didnt like. So yes you can follow recipes but use them more as ideas or suggestions not as rules you have to follow. If you like something that isnt in the recipe then try adding a little and see how it comes out, it cant be that bad...cant it?

Unlike the olden days male and females are taught to cook in public schools now :lol: Which is great because previously males couldn't tell if they had a passion for cooking if they hadn't tried it and now they get the chance to try it :lol:.I am also part of the "confused crowd" I don't really understand what you're asking.