xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
seez

Do You Know Of Any Game-making Programs? Discussing game-making programs

Hello, I like to make sites, chill out, pay MMORPGs and have fun. Recently I decided that I would REALLY like to make games! i know of some programs but either they cost money or don't work or are to complicated or are stupid.

Game-Making Programs I Know Of: Game Maker (it sucks), PlayerWorlds (too complicated), Realm Crafters (costs money), RPG Maker (doesn't work)

What I Am Looking For: a simple easy program that's free and good to use, doesn't take too much memory

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post any programs like this that you know of, give me the link or title please, thank you

I KNOW OF 1 THAT I HAVE FOUND BUY IT DIDNT REALLY UNDERSTAND IT SO WELL BUT I HAVE FORGOTTEN THE WEBSITE NAME BUY THE PROGRAM IS GENESIS3D11 IT WAS PRETTY NICE AND IF YOU MAKE A NICE GAME PLEASE SEND TO ME TO TRY IT OUT OK WELL I HOPED I HELPED OUT

You're probably not going to find much if you want free and easy to use.Once upon a time I was searching for the same thing, and finally settled upon two products: GameMaker and The Games Factory (at clickteam.com).GameMaker is shareware and The Games Factory is a commercial product. I have to say that if you're looking for something like this, you're probably not going to find much.Also, if you don't find anything, you can always get a copy of some free programming language development environment and build games with it.

There's always C++ and Java :lol: .But yeah, you're not going to find anything that's free that wont give you a headache and make something better than 2D Pong (and even that will probably take a bunch of un-needed time due to the crappy design of the program). I tried doing the same a few years ago, but gave up and bought myself DarkBASIC Professional. It uses DirectX and is sort of like the other BASIC languages with commands designed specifically for game creation. There is a huge community forum focused on DBPro (and their other products) and you will be able to get help easily if you need to get started. It does take some background knowledge to start making games, no matter how easy the programs you use (unless it does the coding for you). You will find lots of guides that will do a great job of giving you that starting nudge.You will need additional programs for game creation, like 3D modeller, something along the likes of photoshop, and maybe a sound editor. Now those things, you can get for free... not just crappy programs, but surprisingly good software.

You need a compiler such as GCC(if you want to use the engine I mention), an engine such as eDuke32, and software for game materials - Blender for 3D models, Audacity for sound samples, OpenMPT for Music, and GIMP for textures and graphics.

Well first off there are different mmog "platforms"..For a console you'd need compiler language of some sorts that can connect to sql.For a browser based mmog you just need a text editor ( I use PSpad ) and IE to connect to your ftp and sql.

Yeah I tried using RPG Maker also, and it really didn't work out the way I wanted it to... The tutorials are also pretty lacks. I hope that you find a program that you can use to make a game. I would love to help you test it! Also let us know which one you used when you finally settle down on one haha.

Well there are a couple problems there. It is close to impossible to make an actual game with one person. A game requires a coder/programmer, a texture maker, a map maker, a model maker, a story line artist, and much more.I guess if you wanted a little application to put stuff already made together for a game that is ok.One that can be done if you know actionscript is macromedia flash.It requires lost of learning but all of those cool online games you see are mostly flash.You can not learn to make games in haste you must learn good and hard how to do it. Just like anything in life.-Damen

I am offering assistance in developing a game. I have the ability to get the time, skills, resources and energy needed to do what it takes to produce a playable game but I don't have a game concept. I am willing to look at any genre, theme and design. I don't know what kind of distribution to look at until we know what kind of game we are developing. I also don't have any idea of the time we will take in developing it. It will depend on the kind of game and how much we have available to put into it. I am excited about this idea and ready to begin. Any suggestions would be appreciated.