xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
velma

Talk About Weight, Make Up ,money. Basically Being Vain Issues.... Issues And More Issues

Hi,I just wanted to know your opinion on girls and guys obsesed about their external features, Be it their looks or their posessions like gadgets and cars and so on.You see girls obsessed about their weight even though they might be thin or guys worried about being single or a virgin or his posessions. Basically we are in a period of being vain.I understand the importance of looking good or atleast looking decent but Girls and their weight and make up and guys with their toys and girls.Dont you think that we are pushing it a bit . I mean you hear of skinny models and competitive guys.I understand that the world has become much more competitive but I think that we are focussing far too much on the outer image rather than the inner self.I might be wrong, But would like to know what you think? :lol:Cheers.

This is a very subjective question. All of us have a different perspective as to what matters more to us. I don't deny this, I love looking good, I like it when I get an eye catch by a girl, or if a girl shows her attention to me. I like to look as good as possible, one of the reasons why I work out a lot even if I am not that plump. I just try my best to look good, does well for my confidence as well. Who would like to be called a slop and look like a haggard. Lets face it, this world is all about the external view, inner self do matter but they won't come if they can't pass the external self test. Take for e.g. we talk about inner beauty and how it is worth millions more than external beauty. But how many of us actually ignore the external side of things? Lets say you have a very very plump girl (say 100kg?), but she has a very sweet side, would you consider her as your potential girlfriend? I am a person who does give a fair consideration of the external view, so I would not consider such a girl to be my girlfriend. No disrespect of course but we would not look well in a photo amongst other reasons which I would consider. This world is superficial, models, media ... etc but there is no reason why the rest without the 'look' can't enjoy happiness.

Hi Thanks for the opinion, That is what is the problem, We are truely bothered about our external features. The sane minded people know their limits but the insecure people get obsessed about their weight and all I have seen my cousin who was quite attractive look like a plastic doll for she was constantly dieting and using a lot of make up. I dont care about make up and my weight for I walk a lot and therefore dont need to diet. Girls think that If they reduce their food then they will go thin but If you have noticed then they look sickly and emaciated rather than glamorous.We have to learn to give different people a chance rather than narrowing our vision Dont you think?For if we do not then there will be no difference between us and animals as they too choose over looks, And as they say man is the SMARTEST and can REASON so why does he become so primitive?Please reply..... :lol: