xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dedyradix

Firefox 3 Alpha FIREFOX 3 ALPHA

Yes. We have been aware of it for some time now, thanks to this posting from Buffalohelp.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/44335-web-standards-compliance-test-for-browsers-check-your-browser-here/

There is a download link in that Posting. But be careful installing it because it will replace your Firefox 2 profile. Be prepared to re-install Firefox 2 if you install Firefox 3 Alpha (codename: Minefield). And as per the posting above, Firefox 3 meets the WASP (Website Accessibility Standards Program) Standards required to comply with their "Acid Test" which measures the Browser's compliance to the w3c Standards. Only Safari on the Mac and Konquerer on Linux does that to date.

Yes. We have been aware of it for some time now, thanks to this posting from Buffalohelp.
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/44335-web-standards-compliance-test-for-browsers-check-your-browser-here/

There is a download link in that Posting. But be careful installing it because it will replace your Firefox 2 profile. Be prepared to re-install Firefox 2 if you install Firefox 3 Alpha (codename: Minefield). And as per the posting above, Firefox 3 meets the WASP (Website Accessibility Standards Program) Standards required to comply with their "Acid Test" which measures the Browser's compliance to the w3c Standards. Only Safari on the Mac and Konquerer on Linux does that to date.

I do think this is one to watch, but for right internet uses i would stick to FF2 untill they have a fully working FF3 as it still seems to cash windows into DSOD.

There might be some loop holes in Firefox 3 so its better to wait for the full version to come. Till than I will use Firefox 2, thanx for the link.

Well they have made claims thats Firefox 3 is going to be the second browser to pass the Acid test, I tried out the early release and it was ok, I couldn't really tell the difference between Fire fox 2 and 3 except that firefox 2 plug ins didn't work. If I remember correctly they plan to release the final version in either late 2007 or early 2008, so it should be interesting how many people have converted their plug ins for that browser already.

That's great news! At home I usually use Firefox and I'm excited to hear about the new release. I'm sure there are a few bugs to be worked out, so I'll wait until either the final version - or maybe even a release candidate version - is released before I download it.

I have been thinking about getting this for a while. But i want to wait for the official release so all the bugs can be sorted out. But it certainly sounds very promising. I can't wait to try it out when the final version is available.

lol, and I just installed firefox 2 a couple of months ago and now version 3 is coming out! wow, they are fast! this is really good news. I really like the flexibility of firefox, one bad thing I have noticed though, is how much system resources it uses. When I have like 10 tabs open it goes above 100m of memory usage, but I think the same thing would happen if you open 10 windows with internet explorer. so... :lol:

lol, and I just installed firefox 2 a couple of months ago and now version 3 is coming out! wow, they are fast! this is really good news. I really like the flexibility of firefox, one bad thing I have noticed though, is how much system resources it uses. When I have like 10 tabs open it goes above 100m of memory usage, but I think the same thing would happen if you open 10 windows with internet explorer. so... :)

i agree with u,
mozilla development team is one of the best development team. they have so many products and keep developing most of their products.

i know that firefox will consume much memory but i can accept that because it has so many feature and support javascript better than the other browser. it has so many extension, theme, plugin, add-on, etc etc..

above of all, it's free.