xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Old School Arcade Review (final Fight)

Sorry for slight delay in my next review just getting over a nasty cold, I would say I am about 85-90% rid of it. So tonight or tomorrow depending what time you read this, I will be reviewing one of the best beat up games during the prime of old school arcade games. In which I introduce a new title called "Grand Daddy", which basically means that this game lead the way in it's genre of arcade games, in which Final Fighter will be the first.

Final Fight

Some Screen Shots

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Game Maker: Capcom

Year:1990

Price: 50 cent to start I believe it 25 cents to continue

Levels: 5 Long Levels, 6 bosses

Sound: 9.5 (that laugh got quite annoying after awhile).

Graphics: 10, because of the sprite detail that was put into this game.

Mini-Games: Yes Smash a Car up, Break some glass.

Difficulty: Back Then: 10 Now: 7

Game play: Basic punch and jump with character specific special attacks that drain your life

Plot: Mad Gear the worse and most powerful gang in all of metro city, decided to some gang land stuff by kidnapping Jessica, Hagger’s (The Mayor of Metro City and former fighter) daughter and Cody's girlfriend, and that either he cooperates or else Jessica dies. Good thing he did not cooperate or else we wouldn't have game and I wouldn't be talking about this. So Hagger tells Cody and of course his partner guy what has happen and so it's now butt whipping time. YEEEAAAAW!!! (think that’s how the sound bit is spelled out)

First Impressions: SWEET MORE VIOLENCE :lol:, well not really, I really like the challenge and being young that I was, did have a large wallet to complete the game, I the farthest I have ever gotten on the arcade was the Industrial Area then that’s where I usually ran out of quarters. This game was all about timing and keeping yourself alive, especially when their rolling barrels showed up out of no where I got you. The weapons where uber useful especially the knives, since the weapon could do some serious damage while having that temporariness (Can’t believe that a word :lol:) to them. Still it was a good game I even played the nickel version at the penny arcade later in the mid 90s and still couldn't beat it. However I did play the genesis and SNES versions, I did beat the genesis one but not the SNES one. More or less it was one of Capcom's Greatest Old School arcade games. I would say I ball park my dollar amount to at least $50-60 with a margin of error $10-20.

17 years later: Still in awesome after all this time, graphics sound still good, of course it still has it's challenge like it did back in the day, since you are limited to what you could do in dodging attacks and that good stuff. I would say it took me the better part of an hour and a lot of quarters (not really) to beat this game in a long while. Still worth the replay value since you have 3 different characters to play with, who have different strengths and weakness. Buy with the best combo for attacks while Hagger is straight power and Cody with the balance of the two.

Overall Ranking: 10 easy, it still has it's perks and it's annoyances like that laugh (HAHAHAHAHAHAHA-without the sound), but it's mini traps are still have their difficulty in timing correctly so not to get burned and junk. It has good replay value because you don't always die by hte same character ever time, unless you do then you need to practice more.

Now for that Catchy slogan--

"Games don't get old, just people!"

--Now for some copyright info--

Images and of course games are copyrighted to its perspective owners blah blah blah. Roms are illegal and so do not get caught blah blah blah or else blah blah blah. Reviews and opinions are my own so don't argue with me unless you can prove otherwise why this game sucks and 100% of the time you are wrong because one your either a new school gamer and don't know a good game when you see it or two, well there is no two so HA!!. All slogans, trademarks and names excluded the games I review are copyrighted to me blah blah and blah. 2007-2009 SM Old School Legend.
Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Was this the side scrolling fighter game with fighting prostitutes? If so, then this most be the one that guy laughs through the T.V. It scared the 2#$@ out of me when I was little.Fun gameplay but my all time side scroller would have to be Streets of Rage 2.