xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
1stJedi

How To Detect Some Other Ip

Hello Friend,

How are you all. I got a little problem is how could i detect some other ip by using java or c++ or php or html. Or may be if i mail some of my friend then how do i know that from where he is reading the mail. Guys plz help me

:lol:

View the headers of the email which they have sent you, check the log files of your hosting account if they have visited, using php: there is a $_SERVER array of super-globals to access, if they have registered in one of your forums, the IP is usually traced so as to be able to avoid spammers. There is little privacy on the net.

In PHP, there are multiple ways to get an IP address.$_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] is the super global variable which holds the current viewer's IP address. A function: $ip = getenv('REMOTE_ADDR');You can even get their host: $host = gethostbyaddr($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);To get their IP from email:In Outlook Express: File -> Properties -> Details tabIn Thunderbird: View->Headers->AllI don't know any C or Java, so I can't help you there. And you can't use HTML to get an IP address, but you might be able to use JavaScript or VBscript...

Now with the headers thing in an email does that show the user's ip address or that of the sending server? i always thought it was the server as in htmail it says something like:

Received from xxx.hotmail.com: 111.222.333.444

I might be wrong.

I know of two methods if you want their ip from an email, one is to use http://www.self-destructing-email.com/, register there and send the email as per their instructions, when the email is received by them they will get a link when they click it they will see the message as a HTML page and it will log their email and time of reading in an email that you will receive. Its sloppy but it works.

Another way is to use your own website, send them an email with the link to your ip logging page and using php code like that above you can log their ip address, you could also make it look like a fake 4O4 error message-like page and then just say "sorry the site must be down" or something then check your logs on that website and youll have it.

I trust their ip isnt being used for anything malicious :lol:

Thats the methods i have used in the past. The most covert is the php page idea. Though les detailed unless you wanted to spend a little longer making a more detailed logging system.

With C i guess you could use an ipconfig Command in DOS and then take the output into the C program some how. But i too know nothing about C or Java. Only php! Thing is with C is that it would run on their local machine unless you used some sort of CGI thingy to run it on a web server and if they are behind a router or a similar device you would only get their private ip like 192.168.1.2 and at most their routers ip. The only way to get their internet ip would be to execute the command at the router or to contact the router asking for that info. That could prove rather complicated methinks.