xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
SamiFX

A Free Php Blog Script help

Do you know some free php scripts that I 'administrator' can post articles and so the visitors can put comments on these articles "just like Yahoo here", I've searched scripts like this but I didn't find them I tried joomla and mambo but thes can only post articles but can't let the members or visitors to put comments on it.

the best solution for your need is Wordpress. You can download Wordpress from here https://wordpress.org/download/

Wordpress is the most popular Blog Management System. It provides you the basic features of a blog and the users can also post comments.

The best part of Wordpress is the huge number of Plugins available to customize the Wordpress. With the right plugins and design you can modify your Wordpress blog into a full fledged CMS. You can also customize the Wordpress blog with a theme of your choice, you get a huge number of free Wordpress themes. Just Google for it.

Edited by delivi (see edit history)

I've searched scripts like this but I didn't find them I tried joomla and mambo but thes can only post articles but can't let the members or visitors to put comments on it.

i am afraid that you are wrong! as you can see on my site, people can comment on my site and my site is joomla powered! how can they do that? simply i installed component called jomcomment!

i guess you wasnt searching enough!

For a decent "add-on" compnent to an existing site, Google "cutenews". Works good.

sample site here

Notice how the index page contains all of the articles and selecting the specific Company name from the left-hand sidebar displays only the
company specific Articles? this is done using "categories" on each Article and the cutenews code to select by category for the selected Company.

The Template is available on the "Annex" site in the pink Toolbar above the Shoutbox.

"cutenews". Works good.

sample site here

Notice how the index page contains all of the articles and selecting the specific Company name from the left-hand sidebar displays only the

company specific Articles? this is done using "categories" on each Article and the cutenews code to select by category for the selected Company.

I can honestly say cutenews is great! Its very clean and simple, but it also can be tailored to your site easily.

The integration is the best part. It is so simple to integrate with 3 lines of php code (three short lines that is!) but can be so easily configured.

And its standalone php files, no mysql databases either.

Give it a go, see if you like it. I've integrated it with my site (have a look round the blog pages and all the different blog sorted pages. You can choose to set it up how you like it!):

projectjim

It supports easy image upload, longer "full story" modes and comments by visitors, or whoever you tell it to allow. It also has smilies as you'd expect!

oh, ya, I forgot... I have removed the commenting on that page... :lol:It works good, too, but that is a Demo page for a prospective client who doesn't want the comments... Sorry about that.Go to the cutenews site I linked up there to see their demo... or to Jimmy's page.

I tried joomla and mambo but thes can only post articles but can't let the members or visitors to put comments on it.

i agree with musiconly. there is great joomla component for posting comments on site. with bit of modding it can be great for any site. also ajax chatbox components, and phpbb forums bridges. joomla is really powerfull CMS :lol:
and about blog tools, like many wrote here, wordpress is slickest answer.

hope you find whatcha like. my 2nd post, so i can sleep better now. night all :lol:

thanks to all, I relly liked WordPress so it has many themes and plugins, I preferd it from joomla cause of it's simplicity and do not take time to load on a page that's what I need.. I didn't do a search but I want to know if it has a plugin for admin so he can make multiple accounts and each account is an admin with a subfolder? just like multiforums...