xisto Community
Hafdis

Wordpress Sitebar At Botton

That is because the #content div needs to be placed after the #navigation div in the source of the html file (so that the float works properly).

Compare the files and you will see what I mean.

In the sample you post, the #content is before the #navigation in the Source code. My sample is a different code structure than yours, I think.

The floats are removed from the normal flow of the page and then put back into the page according to the floats and contained by their width attributes, so when the posting you have is positioned in the code first, it assumes the full page width and then the Navigation is placed below it. Reverse their positions in the source and it behaves differently. Or should. :lol:

*edit*

Here is a simplified version of your page which might be easier to understand. The Topic contains more information explaining the set-up you need to understand.

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/46211-some-more-help-with-html/

That I don't know. I have never dealt with Wordpress and their methods. I usually write my own in php. I am familiar with how I would do it, but they are likely different in their methods.

Perhaps another member will come along and explain how to split them up into the includes that Wordpress needs.

i am Carpenter :lol:

Me too...

Yup, i have been working as Carpenter since 1980, building houses, kitchen and more. Now i am rebuilding my house, so many kids, need more rooms, :lol:

got this !

The gallery uses the fim_photos.php template. For any theme that you use, you have to get fim_photos.php to look like the structure of that theme.
You're done with installation. Now you need to customize.

this is the fim_photos.php

<?php define('FIM', true); ?><?php include("../../../wp-blog-header.php"); ?><?php require_once("functions/fim_functions.php"); ?><?php get_header(); ?><div id="content" class="narrowcolumn">		<div class="entry">			<?php echo fim_get_the_content(); ?>		</div>	</div><?php get_sidebar(); ?><?php get_footer(); ?>

how do i let it look like the structure of the theme i am using.?
Edited by Hafdis (see edit history)

New info :lol: the fim_photos.php use its own default template structure. you need to tweak that default structure to match the structure of whatever WordPress theme you're going to use.For example, fim_photos has <div id=\"content\" class=\"narrowcolumn\">. My Basic Concept theme doesn't have that. so, :lol:

ok lets try again...

see here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

i got the sidebar to the right, now i need to move it up, here is the code

<?php define('FIM', true); ?><?php include("../../../wp-blog-header.php"); ?><?php require_once("functions/fim_functions.php"); ?><?php get_header(); ?><div id="content" class="narrowcolumn">					<div class="entry">			<?php echo fim_get_the_content(); ?>		</div>		<div class="main-narrow">			<?php if(have_posts()) : ?><?php while(have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>								<?php the_content(); ?>							<?php endwhile; ?>			<?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/browse.php'); ?>			<?php else : ?>			<div class="post">				<h2><?php _e('404 Error: Not Found'); ?></h2>			</div>			<?php endif; ?>		</div><?php get_sidebar(); ?><?php get_footer(); ?>

Edited by Hafdis (see edit history)

This is similar to what has to be done to get my WP Ultimate Static Front Page technique to work properly. Within the index.php template, look for the code from the beginning of the file until you see something like this:

<?php if ( have_posts() ) : while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?>
Copy everything above that line, and replace this code in fim_photos.php with the copied code:
<?php define('FIM', true); ?><?php require_once("functions/fim_functions.php"); ?>[b]PASTE THE COPIED CODE HERE[/b]<div id="content" class="narrowcolumn">		<div class="entry">			<?php echo fim_get_the_content(); ?>		</div>	</div><?php get_sidebar(); ?><?php get_footer(); ?>

Now look for the code after this:
<?php endwhile; else: ?><p><?php _e('Sorry, no posts matched your criteria.'); ?></p><?php endif; ?>

Copy everything after that, and replace this code:
<?php get_sidebar(); ?><?php get_footer(); ?>
With the code you just copied.

If anyone feels that there is something missing, let me know. I'm a bit tired right now, and might be a bit off.

Hi and thx for reply, dont know what i pasted above :lol:

sorry

i am using wordpress with gallery plugin, and i have to get get fim_photos.php (from galley) to match index.php (site theme)

here are both files

index.php

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

fim_photos.php

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

hope you can help with this

thx :lol:

If I got this right, this code (that you should place in fim_photos.php) will do the trick.

<?php define('FIM', true); ?><?php require_once("functions/fim_functions.php"); ?><?php get_header(); ?>		<div class="main-narrow">		<div class="entry">			<?php echo fim_get_the_content(); ?>		</div>			</div><?php get_footer(); ?>