xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ravin

Sound Notification In Browsers Not Working

On my XOOPS support site, http://www.warpigw2.com/, I have a web based live help application to communicate with my customers. When someone clicks on the Live Help image and enters their information it is suppose to give a sound notification that someone is waiting. It used to work fine, and I do not know where to look to fix it. It is a *.wav file, so pretty standard. It works on my windblowz box so I know it is not the application. I have tried in both Firefox 2 with the mplayer plugin (it plays fine in mplayer itself) and in konquerer, neither one will give me a notification when a request is made. Any ideas where to look? (I am using alsa with oss emulation.) Oh, and sound works when playing in flash through the browser. I know it has to be a simple setting somewhere

I encountered a similar error once. I concluded the following.BGSOUND Tag works in IE.EMBED Tag works in Firefox.Try viewing the site in both the browsers to see any difference.