xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amezis

Game Like Gran Turismo For Pc I dont have a PS, but I love GT :-(

Well, I don't have a PlayStation and I doubt I will buy one (I'd rather spend money on my computer :lol:). Gran Turismo is a great game and I was wondering if there were any similar games for PC. I've looked around with no luck, it seems like Gran Turismo is the only really realistic and good racing game. :(I think the main reason to why I like GT is because there is a wide range of cars, upgrades, and lots of tracks, cups, tournaments etc to race on. :lol:

Edited by Amezis (see edit history)

Oh yea Gran Turismo is my all time oldschool favorite driving playstation game. I remember when it first came out all those years ago..lol would be nice to get some type of GT on the pc. goes to check if forza has a pc release :lol:

Try playing RACE on steam... or get something like GTR2. Both amazing games but I think the best way to play is to get a Logitech G25 stearing wheel. Clutch on the pedals, and realistic gear stick to make the game more real!

Yeah Gran Turismo was a great game I couldn't get enough of it then gran turismo 2 came out and it had alot more rides,I always used the 67 cougar.I agree with clarky,GTR2 seems like a great game but you will need a wheel,I cannot play it with the keyboard because I cannot stay on the road.I wish I had a wheel

agreed

Game Like Gran Turismo For Pc

I played this game once at a friends place and fell in love with it, but I don't have a PS2 so I havent got it, a PC version would be great, I would not hesitate for a second if it came out to go and get one

-Dinky

Grand Turismo is hands down the best racing series ever. I say this even as an xbox 360 and Forza motorsport 2 owner, including my force feedback steering wheel. I would do terrible disgusting things to play Grand Turismo with my force feedback steering wheel, unforgivable things. Personally, I just don't like the way everything feels in Forza, I know this is kind of a broad statement, but the game has always had this off feeling. I received everything as a gift and decided against taking it back, I'm just praying a better game comes around that I can use my expensive hardware with.

What

I've been playing GT4 for a while now. I did about 23% when I first got it and quit playing it for about 3 years until here recently. I guess I kinda got burnt out on it after spending so much time on GT3 to get 100%. Anyway, Gran Turismo is by far my favorite racing sim game ever. I too have looked for other alternative games for PC because I have a nice Logitech MOMO wheel for PC. I initially got that wheel for the Nascar Racing games by Papyrus(Yet another AWESOME sim game that no one has come close to). Some of you may remember, but the last game released by Papyrus was Nascar Racing 2003. Go look for that game now and you'll find that people are selling it for well over $100. There are some die-hard Nascar sim fans out there that spend their weekends racing in their own online leagues.

If someone would make a game like Gran Turismo, with all the cars, all the tracks, and all the upgrades for PC where online play was much easier, I know that they would definitely have my $50 for their game. I've tried games like GTR and fFactor but the game content just isn't there. GTR does have the best driving physics that I've seen so far. If I knew how to program it, I'd do it myself.

-reply by John

your wish answered

It seems that NFS Pro Street will answer that Gran Tourismo crave...I do not own one yet but the reviews suggest that its like the GT Series.

Let me know if you try it before me.

-reply by mechanic

NFS underground/carbon/etc etc series

Replying to Trap FeedBacker

NFS isn't quite there with the number of cars (perhaps 35 max?), and I also like racing on a track instead of dodging lamp posts and garbage trucks. If the GT series work on an emulator I'd be there... Likewise if something was to be released for PC it'd have my $$$ on release day.

-reply by Nabob Whippet

Sega GT is pretty good.

Sega GT came out in 2000 for the Dreamcast and was ported to the PC. I know 2000 seems like forever ago, but it's a near ripoff of Gran Turismo. I know some of the cars featured are the 7th gen celica, acura integra, supra, 300zx, skyline, rx-7, 3000gt (gto), and many more Japanese cars with several European makes thrown in. The only domestics are the Dodge Viper and Mustang. Plus there's a feature to make your own cars. The graphics are much better than Gran Turismo 2 and may even be better than GT3, I can't remember. I think I bought it for a penny on ebay plus shipping.

-reply by Will

I think need for speed underground 2 is as close as it gets in terms of the feel of the car and upgrades. The rest of nfs's **** tho-reply by jesus

game better than any gt or forza

Superbike 2001 ea sports

Hands down the best racing simulation ever... Period

-reply by james

Pcsx is a playstation 1 emulator which runs grantrismo 2 perfectly... Its tricky to get it working but once you do its basicaly a playstation in your pc... You can get the origional game disk 4 granturismo on places like thepiratebay.Org shhh! You can get the emulator here, http://www.epsxe.com/
You can usualy get the bios and game files here thepiratebay.Org-reply by psymanproductions

You have the TOCA (touring car) race driver series for PC.I didn't read all the comments above, but I think nobody mentioned this awesome game.For those who mentioned NFS, I must say, that nfs is not nearly close to what gran turismo is, so yea, before even saying that, I'd recommend the whole NASCAR series.