xisto Community
BooZker

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia Can you even say it?

people, believe or not, but the devils number is actualy 669, according to a program i watched afew weeks agoso whoever wrote that artical is speaking out of there....well you know ;)

Ahh dang you beat me i was going to make a post about pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis because i know its supposely the longest word in the english dictonary.

That word is suppose to be some medical term for a particular strange type of lung disease but i cant remember what.

It depends on how you look at it. A lot of words in chemistry are longer than that. Any name for a chemical compound

has a "word form". A simple chemical compound that has a "word form" of Dinitrogen Trioxide has two nitrogen atoms and three oxygen atoms. If you find some complex compound, you can easily have a longer word. However, chemical names

in word form aren't usually in an English dictionary so they don't usually count. I remember reading that a really huge

chemical compound was put in a dictionary for some reason, so that would be longer.

Now see the word in it's massively powerful letters.

drumroll

ACETYL­SERYL­TYROSYL­SERYL­ISO­LEUCYL­THREONYL­SERYL­PROLYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­VALYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­LEUCYL­SERYL­SERYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­LEUCYL­ASPARAGINYL­VALYL­CYSTEINYL­THREONYL­SERYL­SERYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMINYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­ALANYL­ARGINYL­THREONYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­VALYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­LYSYL­PROLYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ARGINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­GLYCYL­ASPARTYL­VALYL­TYROSYL­LYSYL­VALYL­TYROSYL­ARGINYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINYL­ALANYL­VALYL­LEUCYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­LEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­THREONYL­ALANYL­LEUCYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ASPARAGINYL­ARGINYL­ISOLEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­VALYL­GLUTAMYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL­PROLYL­THREONYL­THREONYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­THREONYL­LEUCYL­ASPARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ARGINYL­VALYL­ASPARTYL­ASPARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­VALYL­ALANYL­ISOLEUCYL­ARGINYL­SERYL­ALANYL­ASPARAGINYL­ISOLEUCYL­ASPARAGINYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­ARGINYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­GLYCYL­LEUCYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­ASPARAGINYL­THREONYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­SERYL­METHIONYL­SERYL­GLYCYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­THREONYL­SERYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­ALANYL­SERINE

Ta Da!

If I put this in my signature, I'll never have a one or two liner post. ;)

Lol, the longest english word is a word that describes a part of DNA its over 1000 charcters long. People shouldn't be afraid of the word 666, because people that are afraid are normally people that believe in the apocalypse so they shouldn't be afraid because the moment they are they will have already betrayed god, because satn uses fear to control people

What is wong with you people.Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia

Not only am I utterly shocked that you even question the depth of these 3 numbers, I'm shocked by how simple you all think. Do you know why we have fear for that number? It's not an extreme fear as to us not doing simple fractions, it's the devil's number. It's the code of hell, and for us many religious people with God as our savour we do not coincide with that code. We are not afraid of "numbers", we are afraid of Him. And anything that has to do with Him, a reason we don't sin. So next time you try and go against the one's that know very well a great deal more than you, ask yourself if it's worth it. A Sin is a sin, no matter where it is, even on the internet. And as for that cursed number, think twice before throwing it around without just cause, and realize you have no idea the extent of the history behind it.

-reply by Anonymous.

LOL, cool. Up until now my longest complicated word was superfecundicity. (I think that is vaguly the way it's spelled. )Anybody want to take a guess at that one?Why couldn't they come up with something a little more understandable, like trisixphobia, triplesixphobia or something a normal human could figure out?

Maybe this is just a reposst, but there is another one. It is :

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

which means "a lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust, causing inflammation in the lungs" (taken from wikipedia).... I'm sure this a little bit harder than hexa.., erm, what was that?...

Is there a blank-phobia for everything now-a-days? I don't understand how you could possibly avoid this number at all times, but you can take precautions to avoid it 'sometimes'. I wonder what happened to the people with this phobia on June 6, 2006.I don't think I pronounced this right when I read it xD

Try to say it ten times fast? I can't even say it once. It looks like a made up word where someone has just hit random keys on their keyboard and added phobia to the end.I can honestly say I don't know anyone with Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia.Good find though.

A fear of rational things, such as spiders (given that some are venemous), sharks (omnomnom) and anything else that can actually do you harm is fine with me. If someone's had some sort of run in with something that terrified them (particularly as a child) then I can see why a fear of such a thing can develop. These all make sense. Phobias, namely the irrational fear of something, I simply don't get. Arachnophobia and the like don't seem all that "irrational" to me, but given that even the tiniest of spiders can apparently set a panic attack off I can believe it's "real".

The fear of a number, rational or not, is utterly bizarre in my mind. Such a fear isn't "natural" in that we can be born with it, so it's something that society must do to people. Another reason religion seems a little whacky to me, but there you go.

i didn't know that people were afraid of the number 666... lol it goes to show you that you learn something everyday. ^.^ and i cant even say hex... umm what-um call it... lol ^.^

i think the world is running out of ideas of naming things

I seriously wonder if this word has actually been used seriously. I've heard of so many words for random phobias, but even if they DO exist, nobody's gonna call them by their greek name. Nobody's gonna say coulrophobia or triskaidekaphobia, they're gonna say "fear of clowns" or "fear of the number 13..." and speaking of other "longest words in the english language," sure there are words that are ridiculously long, but nobody is going to actually use those, even in technical things, cause the definition is shorter than the word! as for actual fear of numbers....well I think it's ridiculous but I guess it makes some sense in the case of numbers like 666...though I hope people aren't afraid of the actual number because that's ridiculous. it's just a number. fear of what it represents is perhaps a bit more reasonable, though even in religious tradition we're not supposed to be afraid of the devil, cause that's exactly what he wants...just sayin'.