xisto Community
BooZker

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia Can you even say it?

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia is the fear of 666. Best explained by Wikipedia and i think it's funny just how long the name is for the simple explanation.

Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia (literally, "fear of the number six-hundred-sixty-six") is the fear that originates in the Biblical verse Revelation 13:18 which indicates that the number 666 is the Number of the Beast, linked to Satan or the Anti-Christ. Outside the Christian faith, the phobia has been further popularized as a motif in various horror films.
Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobes will strongly avoid things related to the number 666. A prominent example is of Nancy and Ronald Reagan who, in 1989, when moving to their home in the Bel-Air section of Los Angeles, had the address of 666 St. Cloud Road changed to 668 St. Cloud Road.[1]Some women also expressed concern on giving birth to a child on 6/6/2006.[2]

Rarer is trying to avoid the number as it relates to other numbers. For example, the fraction 2/3 has a repeating decimal of .666. A severe hexakosioihexekontahexaphobe may avoid all fractions that would include this recurring decimal. Those with hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia may consider it bad luck to get three sixes in a hand of poker, even though this is usually quite a good hand.

Many are afraid of the digits 666, rather than the quantitative number adding up to this amount.

In 2006, the BBC listed Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia and its definition as fact #64 in its "100 things we didn't know last year"[3]

How could you always avoid that number? But, anyways that is what Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia is.

Try to say that ten times fast

I'm going to have to ban you for using words we can't pronounce.English only on this Forum. :lol:

Well I could post it 10 times saying that I said it, but someone would catch on that I'm racking up credits :lol: I couldn't even say it once. I don't understand why people are weird like this. I think you might as well call these people superstitious instead of Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobic, but that sounds cooler.:lol:Is any on here Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobic? Just curious, it would be interesting to hear their thoughts

I didn't even know that people are afraid of the number until 6/6/2006.It seems way too silly for me. Also, how in the world would you avoid 2/3?2/3 is a very common fraction. Also, 2/3 equals 0.666666... not 666. 0.666... is differentfrom 666, I would think. Being afraid to 0.66666... would be even more silly, as you arenow not only afraid of something that can't hurt you, but you are now afraid of two thingsthat cannot hurt you.

Hey thats weird people would be afraid of a number, but let me just tell you that anybody could have sent that article to wikipedia, so you actually do now know if it is completely true or not. But if it is, thats funny that anybody is afraid on a number like, or a number at all.

Now I think people are just making up stuff, also I wouldn't put to much stock into wikipedia, I know most colleges don't. Of course if someone really has that phobio then they are really messed up and need to see a padded room. Well that would lock up most of the religious nuts out their. I wonder if a satanist could have that phobia, would the term oxymoron fit into that humorous idea, I know their another word I am looking for but can't think of it at the moment.

I'm just wondering how long before Boozker posts some more and goes past his current post count of 666...

I'm just wondering how long before Boozker posts some more and goes past his current post count of 666.

holy *BLEEP*, pardon my french, my post count was 666 when i posted this topic, i mean, it became 666 when i posted this topic. That's weird. Seriously... i didnt even notice that. now its 667 so its all good, but the was super SUPER weird. :lol:

I cant even say that word.. well this is funny, people are afraid of numbers.. when i was younger ppl were talking that the world will end on 06/06/06.. as far as i can see this never happened.. people also hate number 13.. in my hood one bishop payed for number 09 13 13 13 13.. he said, if this is a bad luck then i will sacrifice for the other people.. silly people

I would try to say it ten times quickly, but I don't know how to pronunce it in the first place :(I don't know anyone who is Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobic, but you can't really make fun of peoples' fears - that would be mean. A Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobic person would probably find life quit difficult having to avoid the number '666'. For example you could really be a Web Page Designer/Troubleshooter because one time in your career you would have to CHMOD a file to 666 :lol: But you could probably get someone to do it for you :lol:I didn't really know there was a name for people that are scared of 666 though - you learn something new everyday :(

Yes. I can say it... :lol: Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia. Hmm.. its that latin for six-hundred sixty six?If it is, is would be just as hard for someone who dosen't speak English to say sixhundredsixtysixphobia...Just a point...__________________It does seem like a pretty bizzare thing to suffer from, but if you ask me, more people have it in a mild form than you would think. I mean, most people don't go running and screaming from 666 like a fire, but most people do feel uncomforable around that number. They've been told that it's an evil number or whatever, and they subconsciously react to it in a negative way. It's like a mild form of brainwashing. You see 666 and you go... "uh oh, better change my hotel room."--They avoid it.

Yes. I can say it... :lol: Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia. Hmm.. its that latin for six-hundred sixty six?If it is, is would be just as hard for someone who dosen't speak English to say sixhundredsixtysixphobia...Just a point...__________________It does seem like a pretty bizzare thing to suffer from, but if you ask me, more people have it in a mild form than you would think. I mean, most people don't go running and screaming from 666 like a fire, but most people do feel uncomforable around that number. They've been told that it's an evil number or whatever, and they subconsciously react to it in a negative way. It's like a mild form of brainwashing. You see 666 and you go... "uh oh, better change my hotel room."--They avoid it.

I'm going to have to ban you for using words we can't pronounce.English only on this Forum.

:lol:

Try pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

It's easier than it looks, and definitely easier than the hexa dealie. My mom taught it to me when I was younger.

I'm not afraid of the hexa dealie, but it does kind of have that weird "haha, look, it's 666" effect. I remember scrambling to take screenshots whenever I hit for 666 damage in ragnarok online. :lol:

Ahh dang you beat me i was going to make a post about pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis because i know its supposely the longest word in the english dictonary.That word is suppose to be some medical term for a particular strange type of lung disease but i cant remember what.