xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Unregistered 012

Imageshack Or Photobucket?

Which one  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, i have used both and there are both good image hosting sites. But imageshack is not good for sigs i have found out. photobucket is a lot better for hosting sigs and that is all about i use it for. i think that photobucket is better and easier to use. post your opinions.

Well, i have used both and there are both good image hosting sites. But imageshack is not good for sigs i have found out. photobucket is a lot better for hosting sigs and that is all about i use it for. i think that photobucket is better and easier to use. post your opinions.

Imageshack is better for everything. Photobucket has two big problems: One is that it has a bandwidth limit, meaning your precious sig could be down for a few days because the site you vist is too popular. The other is that it resizes images that are too big, making it also a dumb idea for things like screenshots.

Photobucket, by far. When I use Imageshack the server was so terribly slow the sig took forever to upload and download. I prefer Fileanchor, though, because one of the guy's who owns fileanchor is one of my programming acquaintances and I got a deal with him for space. Bandwidth seems to be of. no consequence.

i only use photobucket when i am uploading small files like small icons i use imageshack for my other images one reason is for me when i try to design in dreamweaver and i link the image it shows it as a x and when i do it iimageshack it works fine. Also imageshack has a new feature where you can upload multiple files and i also use there ftp to upload images fast and easy. Imageshack is the best host there is.

I have been a user of both services, and now I stick with Imageshack. Photobucket is not really that good if you look at the overall aspect. They have a certain amount of pictures size you can upload meaning you can only upload this amount of pictures, on top of that it goes down every once in a while, and most importantly, it is blocked in some corporate websites. A good example would be my company, for some reason or another, I can't seem to access photobucket and its hosted images. I believe this is the same with many other companies as well. Imageshack on the other hand is the opposite of Photobucket. Okay, I do agree with you that sometimes Imageshack take a little long to load, and it has happened to me occasionally, but not often. Imageshack never goes down, the only downside to it is that it takes a fair amount of time to load the pictures but that isn't an issue for me since our internet downloading speeds are getting faster and faster. The best thing about Imageshack is that it has unlimited number of image uploads. Why do I say that? Because the way Imageshack, you upload 1 file at a time, no strings attached, you don't have a username ... etc so you are just a 'guest' everytime you upload a picture. And you can upload as many as you want, so there will not ever be a problem. You won't be able to store them in a centralised location like photobucket because you don't have a user account but then again, look at the bright side, if you ever lose your picture, just upload it again. As simple as that, no need to go through the hassle of searching for that photo in your photobucket account. And yeah! Imageshack is the way to go until there is a better image hosting service.

I use photobucket, it's easy to use.. and was pretty comfortably settled. It's not just photo sharing, it also features video sharing. It's really impressive on the first look. :lol: Never tried Imageshack. Certainly, I'll try out once, and then post my comments on imageshck :lol:

Ive never used imageshack so I cant really say anything about it but I love photobucket. I have heard both sites are great but I just signed up for an account at photobucket and havent had any problems with it so no real reason so change. I would definitly recommend photobucket because the site is simple and very easy to use and gives links to the images you upload very easy. Great site all in all.

I would have to go with imshack just for two simple reasons 1: no BW limit and 2: no space limit. Of course the only thing that turns me off about imageshack that it has no organizing except to list the ways to display the image, and that the reason why I give photobucket a point for it's organization set up. So it would be a matter of preferance and where you actually display your images, since now imageshack has this thing about banning websites from display images from their site. I know trap had that little problrm last year, which was fixed. Photobucket would be more of a gallery or small site for storing images.

Photobucket, definitely. It hardly ever goes down. Sure theres the problem with it resizing images, but just don't upload gigantic things. I hate imageshack for its disorganization AND ESPECIALLY the slowness of loading pictures on it. Whenever I go to websites with imageshack-hosted things, I wait FOREVER for them to load.-sk8brder40

WhatImageshack Or Photobucket?

On my myspace, I have a banner from Photobucket, stating that my profile is inactive... Why is this happening, and how do I fix it?

Hilda Deal

-question by Hilda Deal

Imageshack.com is slow for me actually. I'm really annoyed by the fact that its not organized at all, and its really slow. Imageshack doesn't always give me a chance to make albums and sperate images into sections and it really doesn't give it anything by dates or times. I personally use Flickr now, but photobucket is great for quick uploads and changes in version numbers, if you want multiple copies, however the bandwith is a bit bad, but in reality, if you don't use too many of them, you probably won't run out right away. Flickr is better for me cause I upload my revisions to photobucket and upload a final version to flickr, to keep the bandwith going. I use tinypic for randomized screenshots or dropbox if I really need.

Imageshack does have records for every user, once you're logged in they appear on a big screen. I have over fourty pages of uploaded images right now, at fifteen images per page. I've seen broken images coming off Photobucket all the time, that's what's called Downtime - Not necessarily a server crash, but failure to allow viewimg of your images. So, imageshack is better , in my opinion

Edited by deadmad7 (see edit history)

I like ImageshackImageshack Or Photobucket?

I use imageshack because of 2 main reasons: no bandwidth and no storage limit. The downloading and uploading speeds seem quite fast for me because I always download images at 1600x1200 or 2M with a size between 450k to 600k.

Even though, imagehack does not organize photos very well, I just use common tags for my photos. Other than that, whatever photos that upload on imageshack, I do not actually view them on imageshack. In fact, I use imageshack to automatically create lists of unlimited thumbnails for me to copy and paste on my wordpress (blog). So, I will view my photos from my wordpress. Therefore, lacking of organizing features in imageshack does not really affect me.

In short, I love using imageshack. Long live imageshack.

-reply by kamar