xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
paulmason411

Replacing Return Carriage With Space Carriage

Hi Guys,Just wondering if anyone had a texteditor or method to get a documents text and replace all the return carriages with space carriages. It's something i will use quite often.Any ideas would be more than helpful.Cheers :lol:

What kind of document is it because from my search I got that process for forms, sql files, excel files?

This is the google search pattern that I used

GOOGLE KEY WORDS

"replace all the return carriages with space carriages"

I have not tried this method before... but using MS Word (not Notepad or Wordpad) change your document view to "show format" (it's one of 3 little icons on the bottom left corner).You should be able to see ? sign every time a new line (return character) is shown. Do FIND AND REPLACE feature, Ctrl-H I think, and replace ? with a simple space. I think that should do it.Let us know how it goes.

Using MS Word won't work. ? is a hidden character that it won't search for.Saint, I need it for converting multiple lines of SQL code into 1 line so that I can copy it into my web code without having to " " and '&' for every line.Im sure there must be some groovy text editor with this functionaity somewhere