xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sniperkiller

Problem Removing Folder On Ftp

helloi've been trying to remove a folder on my ftp location here at Xistobut it doesn't seem to do anything at allif an admin or anyone else who has the capabilities can remove it, i'd be gratefullthe foldername is XD-RedZone

via your local ftp client? try to refresh your directory; you may just be viewing a cache. or better still, try to manage removing it instead via your cpanel > file manager.

Some folders are stubborn like that, because they contain important data .I know some IPB files do this. Log into your cPanel and go to file manager. Delete the file from there. It doesn't care. It'll shred that file into a million peices and then burn it. :lol:.

Some FTP programs will not remove folders that are not empty. If you need to use your FTP, open the folder and remove all the files from it. Then go back up one level and remove the folder. :lol:

My question is what FTP program are you using that is causing this problem? Their could be a solution to this, of course I have been using smartFTP for awhile and I can delete with no problems even with stuff in it. Until we know what FTP software your using then the cpanel method is the only effective choice at the moment.

The method me, mich, and haslip provided are working solutions, no matter what FTP client he's using, he can still go into his control panel.Please let us know if it worked.

thanks guys for the helpit seems that my SmartFTP didn't wanted to remove the folder due to some filesi used the cpanel / filemanager to delete it and now it's goneone stubborn file folder... it created files without that i knew ofthey are not in the package i downloaded and still they appeared in the folder after i uploaded it