xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
solankyno1

Please Give A Look To My Site...... so that I can improve it....

Hi friends,

Finally I have uploaded my site on Xisto. I request all of you to please review my site that is named Solanky's Directory.

My site is very simple as I am new to HTML and I am still in learning process. So I think you people will feel very bad about my site. But your bad review will help me to improve my site and also my skills. So don't hesitate and tell me the truth. Thanks in advance.

HiAre you sure you are providing the Xisto adress for your site?I couldn't load it and I got tired of waiting, don't know if the hosting server is down or whatever.The adress ended in .tkRegardsPatrick

Well it is allright.....I mean....it looks like a normal website with link thigns on it...It loaded for me but like took quite a while

For just beginning in HTML, you seem to have a good handle on it. Your site looks very nice. Simple is always a good way to go if you are just learning to use HTML and/or other scripting methods. As for content, I noticed that you say you will be updating daily. I'm interested to see how far your site will progress in the next few months. Hope it stays around. P.S. You might think about adding a mailto form on your site and have some of your visitors suggest different sites that could be added to your directory. It would make it a bit easier for you and will allow your visitors to interact with you. - Just a thought

Hi, I have browse your website.The front page is very simple, but usable.Your guestbook is very interesting.Good done.

HiIt loaded very quickly today. It's a good start if you are like me new in web design.One thing that I have read in several web design books is not to design for a specific resolution as you mention on your homepage as the site might look terrible for some users and they might leave quickly.On a personnal note, i do not like these 2 pink bars, i would work on something different, but that's me.The site is very functionnal and I liked the guestbook too, I am currently working on one from scratch from my own site.Good luck with your sitePatrick

HERE it goe your site is very VERY plain. You need alot of design help. Change the color scheme and change your logo. Also get a .com domain name. [.tk] looks free and unprofessional. White over pink = hard to see. 1 good thing you did center and put your site in a fixed width table.

Thanks for all of you for reviewing my site. My computer was having some problem and it was gone for repair so I could not reply early. Sorry for that. I have got a lot of good suggestions for my site. I will try to work on them.As andyy15 has suggested to get the .com domain name it is a good suggestion but I can't afford a paid suggesion at this point of time. Because I am just a student not having so much of money. The only thing I can do to have a uni.cc domain but I think it is quite similar to .tk. any suggesion?????????Most of you have not liked the pink bars. Actually I have tried a lot colors but could not find better than this. Anyway I will again try.....I am also working on adding a page for suggesions so that people vising my site can suggest some good sites for my directory.Thank you once again.

Not bad at all man, I like it, If you scripted that by hand, excellent work. I would've 'cheated' and used frontpage, or dreamweaver. I noticed you mispelled the link to Gmail, under Free E-mail services. Fix that, before someone attempts to use it.Nice work in general.Chris

I noticed you mispelled the link to Gmail, under Free E-mail services. Fix that, before someone attempts to use it.

Thanks Chris for nice compliments. And also for indicating me towards misspelling. Now it is fixed.

Hi.Generaly is not bad, maybe you have to work better in the use of colors, and for that there are some usefull free tools named color pickers (i use a non free one named colorimpact) but there's a good one named "rgblab 2005" (i think) and it's free, you'll learn a lot with this tools.Then try to insert more content in that website, but remember that the most important it's not quantity, it's quality, so, for now i think your're doing a good job.If you need any help with colors, or if you want the best e-books about webdesign, just contact me, i will send you the links or the files.

Hey, Solanky!Nice attempt man. You are creating a directory like that of Google and Yahoo.I suggest you make it oriented to some specific area. Like, if you are in New Delhi, add local links... It will become very popular there...That local content could even be a part of the links but very prominently displayed.As for your coding, it is good. You are keeping it simple and I am sure you will develop as you learn more.Good luckGooglue

Solanky, a domain name is very inexpensive they run for US$9.20 @ https://de.godaddy.com/ and yes i know the price they show is US$8.95 but theyre is a $0.25 internic fee but that is very cheap and you get it for 1 year, i have registered my domain already and am waiting for the dns servers to get updated so it points to Xisto's nameservers. Your website is coming along, yes it may be plain, but dont try to make it over complicated because a simple interface allows for users to beable to understand and browse your website easily without gettin confused and fruserated then leaving. Keep up the good work.

Thanks friends for devoting your valuable time in reviewing my site. I appreiciate your suggestion and I am working on them. I am also thinking for DHTML effects like mouseover effects. But I am new to HTML so I am lerning DHTML for this.I will not be available in forum for one or two week from today because I am shifting my home. So I can not reply you in this thread. You keep posting your reviews I will reply once I will be again availble.Thanks once again.