xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zlash

Laser Surgery How is the procedure? Does it hurt?

I have been wearing glasses in about three years now. I know about laser surgery and its effect on giving back perfect eye-sight. I haven't been considering it or anything, but I want to know how the procedure is. What do the do? Does it hurt? Do they give you something so that you relax while the surgery is going on? How long does it take?Could the surgery fail so that your eye sight becomes worse?

It's safe enough, but you might damage your night vision. I'll probably get it once my eyesight stops changing, but for now, well, people like me just as well with glasses as without, so it's no big deal. I don't really mind glasses in any case.

i have heard some bad stories about laser surgery i hear there is a chance mind you its only something like a 10% chance it can damage your eyes more thats why i not getting it just yet i think i would rather wait a few more years till the prosses is more advanced my eyes will last till then i thing i dont wear glasses cause i dont have a face for em and i cant wear contacts cause i got shot by a plastic bullet in the eye lol when i was learning about 4 years ago but i dont think it would hurt you to bad you could always ask someone

My mother, Grace, had Laser Eye Surgery performed on her, with good results. She got it done by a well known professional, to minimize the risks that could possibly occur (blindness or even worse eye sight). The only negative part of the procedure, was that for about a week or two after she had gone through the operation her eyes would hurt, and be soar from the sun and other bright objects. However, the reason for this, was her eyes were repairing themselves, and re adjusting. Now, because of the surgery, she doesn't have to use her reading glasses. So, I believe, if you want laser eye surgery, pay more money, because, I rather pay a little more and see better than previous to the Operation, than be blind afterwards.

My brother is a laser eye surgeon. he used to tell me that with this technique the efficency of the eye power can be imprved promisingly. He told me that it has side effects too only if the surgery go wrong in middle because of negligence by doctor, only then there would be complication or else it will be rated high.

I recommend doing what I'm doing, wait for a while. Make sure that your sight stops changing completely, then get it done. It's really safe and technologically speaking; simple. What it does is cut into your eye so that slits are made, these slits alow for your any deformity to even out, solving many eye problems. I'm not sure if this is how ALL surgeries of this type take place or just for people with Astigmatism but yea.

lasik eye surgery is safe enough for most people, and painless, however if your interested in astronomy, or are active driving at night or doin anything at night, it could do some nasty things to your night vision.... so be careful! a good rule is to wait as long as possible before resulting to lasik for two reasons: 1) you want to wait till your eyes stop changing if your a teen or in your twenties, and 2) as time goes by, doctors are makeing more and more advancements in the field, and the longer you wait, the more advanced they are!

I have been wearing glasses in about three years now. I know about laser surgery and its effect on giving back perfect eye-sight. I haven't been considering it or anything, but I want to know how the procedure is.
What do the do? Does it hurt? Do they give you something so that you relax while the surgery is going on? How long does it take?

Could the surgery fail so that your eye sight becomes worse?

Laser surgery promises you a good vision. but go for it only if you are above 21. Initially eye doesnt pain due to anesthesia. but later on it pains a lot. Your viosion will be perfectly alrite after the surgery. you can go 4 it if u want to stop using spectacles.

there is onr more type of surgery called Ortho-K

Ortho-K is a non-surgical process which reshapes (flattens) the cornea of the eye using contact lenses. Accelerated Ortho-K uses reverse geometry contact lenses. Flattening the cornea reduces the focusing power of the eye. If the amount of corneal flattening is accurately controlled, it is possible to bring the eye into correct focus and compensate for myopia (nearsightedness).

but i wouldnt wanna try it until i hear it is very safe to.

check out more-
http://www.orthokacademy.com/for-patients/