xisto Community
Kubi

Changing Sotw To Sotm

Change SOTW to SOTM?  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been allowing SOTW entries to run for 2 weeks to get more entrants, as well as voting. So I'm figuring, 1 SOTW is lasting nearly a month. So why don't we have a SOTM? (Sig of the Month). Nothing would change, the rules are the same. It'd just be an official change to allow more time.I'm open for suggestions, it won't change until we get everyone's input - I don't want some unautorized change. Graphic Crew members I really want your input on this. Vote yes or no for the change, and give a reason. Everyones input is welcome - espessially those who are competing.I'll leave this topic pinned for a while.

I'm only offering 2 weeks for entries. But I've noticed that I get more people if I allow more time. So I was thinking - 2 weeks for entries and 2 weeks for voting.

I think that would be a good idea. After 29th, even I'll have enough time to get into one of the contests. :P2 weeks for entries would be good, I've seen you extending dates and I think keeping it officially for a long time would be good. But I guess 3 weeks for entires and 1 week for voting would be a good idea too, think over it, as it is many people vote and not only the GFX crew members or contestants, and 1 week is enough I guess for many votes to get in.

Yeah, in really, the SOTW last about a month counting the time it passes for voting, sometimes even without announcing a winner.I think it would be good 2 weeks for entries and 2 weeks for voting, because i have seen that the voting process is the most inactive of a SOTW, and the topic must be bumped so much. People should look at the GFX section more often :P .3 weeks for entries would be fine too, but only if we are sure people is gonna vote for a sig in the period of 1 week. Yes, everyone on Xisto is allowed to vote, not only gfx crew members, but i dont see so much interest on people voting for this, so 1 week would not be enough, or at least thats what i think.

That's why I suggested 2 weeks for voting. So it allows time for everyone.

I say "yes" only due to the fact that we get more people in for entries this way?for some reason. I do see one flaw though: Will the SOTM topic-starter remember that they've made a SOTM topic a month after making it? Maybe it should be "Sig Of The bi-Week"??what an odd name at that, but could still work.

Well, that's why we have someone working on it that will remember....Speaking of...I need to close this months SOTM. :P........To soon?

I also support moving to a Sig of the Month feature, and two weeks should be more than enough time for people to get their entries in. As for a title, perhaps it's best to keep it as is...since you suggested a certain amount of time for people to cast their votes on the sigs.

Yes, I do believe that if there is more time, that more people would enter and vote. So yes I think having a Sotm would be a great idea.

its not the issue of time it's the issue of participants, you have to remember this is a hosting forum and not a gfx forum, so most members are here for hosting. The gfx forum is weak compared to websites like gamerenders, rendersplanet, sotw and charmed arts to name a few. Most of these websites are strictly gfx forums so they post is about graphic design, and gfx design related content in we more or less lack for current design techniques.However since it is this forum a sotm would be best then you will have at at least 2-3 more people then the usual regulars. Of course the one thing most gfx sites offer for winning a sotw is what we can't give away. I have been an advocate of giving credits for a prize since the beginning of course we tried it once but of course we had to give our oqn credits away instead of them being added automatically like it was supposed to. That's because a certain person who will remain nameless wanted to be stubborn about giving away free credits for a simple contest.So like I said its not the amount of time it's the lack of participants and interest and it will be like that since this is not a gfx heavy website.

It could be the lack of interest - but that doesn't call for closing the Graphics forum all together(again). Instead why not try working it back up, to get more people.

KuBi,This is the perfect idea giving the competers like me a chance to make their sigs perfect and voters enoguh time to vote. so there would be no sort votes. and also why not put no restriction on the amount of votes like you know some SOTW's say that the first person to get 7 votes wins right. Change that and make it that people can't do that. They'll have to wait till' the end of the month if it becomes SOTM.Well there are my suggestions for this topic well hope it heps i'll vote after posting my reply in this topic.C'ya