xisto Community
sdteam

Dont Get Norton Internet Security by sdteam

Norton Internet SecurityThis me is venting Today all my programs that uses that uses the internetWere not working for example the browser wouldn?t pick up on the connectionSo I rang my internet provider to see what the problem was there way no problem at there end so they asked me if I had any anti virus programs I said yes they asked me to disable it so I did and wow the internet was back on so they internet provider told me to call Norton and tell them what is happening so I did was on hold for about 30minGot to the operator and was telling them about my issue we tried all these things to see what they problem was and they couldn?t help they said it wasn?t there product but really it was because the only way I could get on the internet was disable it I told them that but they just kept making excuses and sending me to different departments so I got feed up and hung upSo now I want to vent my anger lolWhat dose Norton Internet Security Really secure?Nothing I got a lot of virus a lot of hacks they say they protect us from viruses, spam, phishing emailsTo be honest they don?t protect anything Is this rhe right solution for you?No it is not How Did it work for you?Didn?t work good I don?t even know why 350 million computers have this softwareWould you recommend out software to others?No I will not if you say it protects your pc then it should

I am glad ever since the release of Norton Internet Security 2005, I have moved away from Norton. That is pretty rubbish service, forwarding you to different departments and yet not able to give you an ample solution. Them denying that it was their product really seems to put it all together, if they had really done it to you, I reckon you should put it up to a newspaper or anything like that. Symantec is a big organization with reputation, and this is the way they treat their customers. I am using AVG free version anti virus with a Komodo firewall and it is working fine. Both free softwares and I have not got a single virus since I bought this computer in 2002. Amazing isn't it? If I were to buy an Anti Virus solution, it would be from AVG. I would recommend you to do it too. AVG has built its reputation based on free trials and evaluation periods, and it would definitely be my ideal solution for my PC.

yup norton products have are falling even my avg is better than nortonhaha and thats free lolbut im glad i dont use norton any more gave me alot of hassel and they didnt even give my $30 money back thing lol

But Norton did work for you because while you were using it you wouldnt get anything bad because it wouldnt let you connect to anything!To be honest the only piece of proprietary software on my machine is Windows and the other things that were pre-installed, everything else is open source and/or free, and for security i have Avast Home edition which is anti virus/adware/and the like and it also has a "web shield" and "IM shield" which are basically firewalls along with p2p protection, network shield and on access scanner to find malware as i open a program. And i also use Comodo firewall, before i downloaded that though i was relying on my on access scanning by Avast and its basic firewalls, when i installed it and scanned i think i found one or two minor adware things but since ive had nothing at all and ive done full system scans. Both programs are so easy to use and unike the expensive apps like norton they dont use up massive amounts of system resources so i can have a smooth and safe machine! Perfecto!Id recommend both avast and comodo as replacements for norton!

Yeah, I used Norton for a while, when I didn't know much about viruses, spyware etc...I hated that dang thing, I couldn't open certain files, play music or anything else AND it took a lot of my PC's performance away while it was doing "Cleanup checking" or whatever. It's expensive, inefficient, and very unreliable.Heck, I could use Mcafee 99 and be doing better than Norton 2007. :P

Norton Is great, it only uses a lot of processes as it checks almost everything. provided you keep it up to date as with any checker it works very well.Only problem I have is my printer remote scan function won't work until I disable it. no biggie. (it will work if I can find out from somewhere the printer software ports needed to be opened - not a firewall problem nevertheless)It has protected me from countless viruses and cut off downloads that were "bad". Has not done anything unspecified and hasn't been a hassle. My comp still runs nice.Its your own problems. I'm sure many people have had problems like you with the other ones. Just go talk to them.AND MY OWN SUCCESS STORY!!!:In fact while using macaffee I obtained quite a few viruses. The ony way they were picked up is I scan with norton as well and this picked them all up, deleted most, I had to get rid of a few (I have yet to find software that succeeds to get rid of all files) and there you go. Macaffee has not been good to me.Stop bashing nice software and just use what you like.Thousands of people are satisfied, a few may not be, thats just always the situation with anything.

Edited by Jimmy (see edit history)

Ive said it before, but Ive tried Norton and have never had issues.. Its always worked great for me and for others that I know who use it.. So for me I say Norton is great so I stand behind it...

When I got my laptop a couple of years ago (brand new) it came with a free trial of Norton Internet Security. I used the thing for about, uh, ten days. Then I found AVG AntiVirus (free edition) and started using Windows Firewall (works just fine for what I do).Oddly enough: once I uninstalled Norton and rebooted my brand-new system, it ran faster. Noticeably so.So yeah...even when Norton's not actively doing anything, it seems to be a real resource hog on some systems (like mine). Your results may vary...but I for one can't stand the stupid software. :lol:

Oh I know that norton glitch rather well, it has happen to me before on my desktop it would give me a error pop up message and the ncut me off inwhich I had to restart the whole computer. However I'm now using McAfee Secuirty center v10 and it is has some sweet protection on it and some other good stuff. Of course I got some other stuff to keep me protected (Just spybot). Well norton has list of problems 1 it doesn't pick up all viruses even those they have a very large index of viruses it protect from, spyware is junk and it is traight up a resource hog. Of course I am not keen on free open source virus protection programs out their, yeah someone is providing a free software but really how effective can it be?

My computer's processor [Pentium 2, ~350mhz] is just too slow for me to run any more applications than I need, so currently I don't use any antivirus/spyware/spam software. If you take the time to learn, you can find out how to clean your computer of just about any sort of negative software pretty easily, there's just the odd chance that one of them might bring your computer to it's knees before you have a chance to respond.Most of them, though, don't do a whole lot towards your computer itself, they just like to be annoying.

wow bro, you really need a upgrade.. i didnt think people where still using P2's but im not to surprised since I have a family member on a Pentium 1.. with some mmx crap on it an he says he would trade i for nothing.. and yeah he's actually still running windows 95. That thing is so ancient in needs to be in the Trex display at the museum....But he did have some issues a while back surfing sites he probably shouldnt have been in.. and he started having hte shut down problem.. that you just sometimes cant get rid off.. but he thought he had it all cleared until then.. now all it does is starts up.. goes to tlog in screen logs in takesd about 30 min tho just to get there then he gets a few pop ups that automatically just pop up without even trying to go to the browser..a nd then it shuts down.. suck but oh well.. he still tries to use it.. so maybe hell gert him something new soon...

both the times someone has asked me to use Norton for them, it has shafted their PC. 2 different generations of their software, and 2 different generations of PC, so the problems they have with their software seem to be hereditary. However, I have used some of their application suite software as portable applications, such as WinDoctor and DiskDoctor, and that seems to work really well on its own. I havn't tried 360, and don't know too much about it, but it seems integrating it all looks like the worst idea since Mr and Mrs Hitler decided to have children.

you know ive used the windoctor as well and when I used win doctor it did give some type of error, about some application error, i didnt pay no mind to it.. at that time but after that i never saw it again and I just assumed that the program did its job..

I boughts norton internet security, and not olnly is it useless, it destroyed my system.As soon as i installed it, it ran fine "Wow. ?50 well spent"but after the second restart, my system ran slowly, most of my network/internet applications were caput. My system ran slowly, and my network printing. out of the question.after a couple more re-boots, it was time to re-install my OS.I chose to keep my documents. And I only formatteed the drive with windows on it.It ran ok, with minimal drivers installed (graphics card, motherboard, wireless internet/network)It was when i tried to watch TV, or run games it was still not working.So i re-install windows again, this time deleting all partitions, and reformatting all drives, and deleting my documents. After all my device drivers and applications were on - Fine!Norton wrecked my system, and caused me a lot of inconvieniece.Also, i was not pleased when my ISP automatically replaced the free spyware remover it installs wih the internet package with.Wait for it.....norton!Again, my system, became prisoner of norton.And then google starts giving it away with the google pack.Luckily you dont have to install it.

I have never liked Norton, and now I am currently using Kaspersky Internet Security suite, after I got fed up with Norton 360. I have known many people with many problems with Norton, such as configurations, and the 'letting the owner decide' part. I find it really hard to get Norton Security software to suit my preferences and ignore when I tell it to. With Kaspersky's comprehensive and intuitive interface, it just makes Norton trash. Also, I found out that Kaspersky probably has the most number of recognised virus signatures, making the software way ahead of the rest.