xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
prashrb

Is There An Alternative For Php.sendmail?

you mean the php function "mail()" ? No, unless to use the html "mailto".

ya, I'm speakin of mail() function. Is there any way, I can use a mail server that can send mails from a third party server?

Changing the address only changes the NAME of the from in the email, not the actual from email. Most email clients nowadays let you change that stuff. it is designed so you can put in your own name there so instead of showing and address, it shows your name. A lot of people recently have decided it would be funny to put email addresses in there. To make it seem like an email came from a different place than it really did. No matter what you do, the real email address always shows up when you open the message....

Hum.. i think there is a way of using Javascript for it, i know its not PHP but it works i think, only problem is i think when i tried it it popped up a box asking if it could send it, it was a long while back though so it might have been a redirect script that i thought was to send mail. Back in the days when i wouldn't have known what a redirect script was. Try Googling for it if you want.