xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aoehq

What You Think?

OS:(Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (5.1 - 2600)) ¤ Up:(8h 58m 43s) ¤ CPU:(1 CPU - AMD Sempron Processor 3000+, 1.80 GHz, L1: 64KB L2: 128KB (14% Load)) ¤ Mem:(Usage: 338/512MB (66.02%) ¤ (|||||||---)) ¤ HD:(Total/Free: 74.53/13.47GB)

(was taken from irc script)

good? bad? inbetween? comment :P

Eh, not too bad. Looks like its running solid for you. Hope you're not planning on doing much gaming though. Just running windows you're using about 2/3 of your memory (thats with 512mb). If you want better performance I'd recommend atleast upgrading your RAM, if not your processor, you'd see a huge improvement with another gig of memory. If its working well for you now though stick with it. But if you want a pretty cheap upgrade that will definately bring better performance to your system go for it. Looks like you're running a bit thin on hard drive space too. Ha. You can pick up a 250GB hard drive for about 59 bucks, just for future reference.. If you ever run out of space.

Well, there are certainly better computers out there. I'd say that computer is an average computer - not dated but not a top of the line computer. I'd say that it might be good to get some memory and maybe a cheap extra hard drive for it, though.

Well, seems not bad, the rating of your system depends on what kind of stuff you do on your PC. Of course that would not be enough for gaming, but it is great if you do coding, graphics, etc.I think you need to upgrade your processor (me too :P ), for me it looks slow , even though its AMD, and maybe you will need to get some more hard disk space.As Plugcomputers said, if you want a cheap but efficient upgrade, get 512MB more of RAM, it will do a good boost of performance.

That is really an average system if you are planning on light-weight stuff. But if you are planning to multi-task then it would be a little difficult. I used to have a 512 MB RAM Laptop, and it was very difficult to be programming using NetBeans, edit designs using photoshop, keeping Itunes open and stuff like that. I upgraded by another 512 MB to hit 1 GB and all of those tasks are of no worries to me, I can do it smoothly without having delays.

Yeah, multitasking is a chore these days unless you have 1GB of memory (atleast) and some type of dual core processor. If I'm not mistaking you can get AMD's X2 Dual Core 3800+ for about $110. Not a bad way to get yourself into the dual core technology that is taking over.

For me... I can't tell you my comment about this computer... cause I don't know what will you do with it.. playing 3D games or just do a word proccessing, using photoshop and CAD softwares or just browsing the internet... so you should be more specific about what will you do with it. :P