xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tasty

Quake Or Unreal 2 similar games which do you prefer?

2 similar games which do you prefer?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Quake 2 is a very good FPS...But I never liked Q3, it's all colorfull; maps/skins/weapons and rocket launcher there sucks as both sound and design...Unreal Tournament is more dark, more realistic. And its AI is far better but game itself is also better in online (my idea)New UT games are graphicly fantastic, espically maps. But I havent played new ones online, cant say anything.

Wow close vote... but I'll say Unreal because of the smooth gameplay - though quake's pretty good and I originally played Quake so it brings back memories... but I like the UT designs, maps, weapons and game speed

Quake by far, Unreal is no competition.
Actually when the unreal engine first came out, (not tournament, first unreal) that was impressive, very impressive. But if you are thinking of online play nothing beats quake 3 deathmatch.

Ditto I play on raven and Instapoop servers alot

'd have to go for the unreal series every time I think. It might just be because that was what I played first I suppose, but I just find it feels somehow much easier to get into. I still play unreal tournament even now just because of the huge number of mods available for it. It really helps when you can keep adding new elements to game, because as well as having all the new bits, it keeps you playing more and you get better at the game as a whole. Unfortunately I still have a long way to go before I will be able to beat my brother, he has more free time than me to spend playing and is a lot better, it's very depressing.

For me its quake games .This is because playing unreal games is no competition Quakes games are tough.Playing them is not easy.Unreal games are for novice or beginners...for them quakes games are little tough to playThat's why i like quake games....because i like competition :D:P

Not a tough choice. I have played Unreal 3 or 4 times and I say that I don't like it because the weapons in UT my impression are too easy to play with and more powerful than Quake's so 'cause of this I think UT is quite easier to play and I don't like it.Quake on the other side is a complete 'turn-on', even after almost 10 years after it came out I still play the original on Win98 on my old computer, and its derivatives like Open Arena, Alien Arena, Nexuiz, and so on on this Linux laptop.

Unreal also a multiplayer online first person shooter came out competing head to head with quake3. They are by large extremely similar. The models and skins of unreal are lacking as compare to the impressive work in quake3. unreal has more gameplay types in a box than quake3,The truth that the twogames unreal and quake are nearly identical, is not being accepted by both parties/ groups.The differences I see are 1. Unreal has two more gameplay types, assault and domination, 2. unreal has slightly different weapon, 3. unreal has secondary fire modes, 4. quake3 is pretier and has curved surfaces, 5. quake3 has quite significantly better models and skins.Its basic programming besides extremely minor physics and mechanics differences. At the end it just ends up being a random matter of the taste in the first person shooters. The people who are smart go for the mods for quake3 and now shifted to another great in the league, Half-Life and hl2.

Hey Guys,Definetly love the quake games over unreal, Mainly due to the fact one of the 1st pc fps games I bought and played was quake (after doom of course) I loved it from the moment I started the single palyer right through the endless nights me and my brother and stepdad fragged each other till our fingers bled and ou throats were horse from shouting so much :DAlso the more recentish quake 3 engine I love it, I still play it as well as Urban terror which is a standalone mod based on the q3 engine http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is the homepage it is free to download and free to play :DAlthough it is nothing like q3 in the fact that it has semi realistic weapons although based more on hollywood realism rather than real life realism...In my opinion one of the best free games available...Anyway back to quake !! I remember when fort come out for quake that was amazing and then you had action quake 2 as well another amazing mod...Dont get me wrong though as Unreal is a pretty good game as well but i think quake just pinches at the end as it was a bit more original than unreal in the fact it was there first :DAlthough I have to admin i love unreal for the speed that it seems to just have, complete madness sometimes,Anyway thats my bit on it and i love it so :Dlaters