xisto Community
intergig

World's Biggest Free Email 45gb Worlds Biggest Free Email 45GB

Wow, that looks really cool, I would sign up, but I have just recently switched email already so it would be pretty useless to switch again now, though great resource, its cool to have that much space

I don't really get what the point of a 45 gig email is. Sure it's free but it can't really be that safe and that real? Who would want to give all that away unless I guess it is to attract people to your other services. It'd only be good to back up things but why waste all that time uploading. I really don't think anyone will fill all that 45 gigs with emails unless it is spam crazy or unless 10 years maybe more go by and they spend there whole day emailing people. But I guess if you really do indeed want all that space then go for it and good luck filling it up.

One of two things will happen:

It will oversell - IE sell more space than it has. For instance it might put 20 clients on a 450GB HDD in the hope that, on average, each customer will only use half the amount of space offered.

It will offer less - EG It will become 25gigs.com etc.. with time or it might offer 10GB for free but 45GB as a premium service.

By the time anyone's predictions happen, they would've been forgotten about.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is, so I won't be using this.

Notice from electriic ink:
Moving from Software

Nobody really needs that much space for storing mails. The email services should upgrade the attachment space limit. Most of them only support up to 10 MB attachments, but then there is the time wasting on uploading big files to a mail which will take a lot of time to send after the upload. Its hard to top the other email services nowdays.

Well I think its what was already said the 45gig is probably a premium and also I really dont get the point of that much storage i use simple yahoo and i have 2% of 1 gb and i get alot of emails 45gigs is not needed in my opinion

These are really crazy things. Every host enters in a race with opposite one. In these days, it's going to be very important to have one of these. Why?Because:* Every computer may have fatal errors can't be fixen.*Every hardware can be broken.*Every software can brake your PC.So, what's the safest ambiance? IN-TER-NET! :( I really have one of these and I copied all my important datas that I haven't chance to take risk lose. They're safe now!There's also 1TB mails in net but I don't really trust them. Cause, I think no one can easily full this... :P

I really have one of these and I copied all my important datas that I haven't chance to take risk lose. They're safe now!

You've uploaded all your most valuable files to the internet? Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a memory stick for ~Ł25 or an external HDD for ~Ł80 an put it on there? At least that way there's no risk the host closing down or some anonym looking at your files.

All you reasons you listed to use a host as backing storage could also happen to the host. IE: A host could have software that breaks the PC, a host could have his hardware damaged and a host's PC could have fatal errors.

Hmm,First of all 45 gig is alot! I mean way toooo alot! and i don't think people would need that much of storage in their mail box i mean how long are u going to save a mail in ur box? u have to delete them some day !!! :( anyways that sounds interesting but i don't think that site will last long or smth like that! one or the other option will have to be taken when the server load is too much! and how about the security! they have to have alot of stuff to keep alive and fight the popular ones like gmail and hotmail! :P

Wow! That seems really cool! Is it a secure service? I have sort of had problems in the past with security and such. People have hacked into my accounts and looked up my messages and such, but I have a funny feeling that it was a few people in my home town playing jokes on me. Well, if it is secure, I will definitely sign up! ;)

I would have to agree with what many have already said.- Who needs 45 gig email? I've never used all my space at Gmail.- Security. Their temporary website I see now doesn't look professional as to lead me to trust them with any of my information. - How are they going to pay for all this space? Ads?- Rather then having unused space at your disposal, it would be nice to be able to attach larger files than having a 10 MB limit has others have already said.You won't see me signed up at 45gigs. Besides don't you think user@45gigs.com is ugly? I do.

The site's down right now. I take it their changing servers, adding more language support. I personally don't see the need for that much space. Google already had a lot of excellent services that go with Gmail - inlcuding calendar, docs and spreadsheets, reader, and the list keeps growing. What can 45gigs offer that Google can't (aside from the space)? And is it secure?

Although I don't think that anyone will need this much space but it is great publicity, like we won't be discussing this if it were 1 GB so it is a kinda good idea. I'm signing up for it to store all my essays I can't believe my finished essay got deleted when I formatted the computer, I never knew attacking a USB device while formatting could also format the USB drive aswell. Back on topic ok. This site will have to close down if too many people sign up for it. They might as well use that space to make a webhost or a download mirror and get more money

No one needs 45GB of email space. What would you do with that? With gmails pop3 and smtp I can use my computer for storage of all my mails. That is 240 GB of free space ha ha. Not exactly but hope you understand my point.