xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Imtay22

Podcasting Im new and need some help.

Ok, I want to Podcast, and I don't know where to start! Do I need special programs, software, downloads? If anyone can link me to a guide i will be very thankful!

Start off with a half decent microphone. The stalk microphones you pick up for a few quid aren't really good enough and will give an awful sound quality to your listeners. To record your podcast, you'll need some sound recording software. Audacity is probably the best free choice out there and has all the features you'll need to do a podcast. Then all you need is somewhere to host your podcast files, and possibly a blog to accompany them with related links or materials to go along with the podcast. Register with all the podcast directories you can find, and tell people about your podcast!

There is quite a good and easy to understand guide here. Good luck with getting your podcast up and running.

Thanks for the help; I will look into the Tutorial. The only thing I don't know yet is what my podcast will be on! Thanks, I just needed to know what program to use!

A podcast is simply a digital content which people can download and listen whenever they want. I cannot say what rvalkass has done in a better way. I think the only concern is the content and the duration of your podcast, try to make it interesting because people are not going to be listening to a podcast if it isn't interesting for 3 minutes or more. I am dealing with podcast in 1 way or another at work so I think this could help you especially if you are doing a RSS feed for your podcast so that people can subscribe to it.

https://itunespartner.apple.com/podcasts/

But the skeleton of the whole thing would be to record in a very good quality, that should be your priority because it is an absolute turn off if the quality is bad and people can't make out what you are saying.