xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowx

Mods/admins Big Problems With Accessing The Forums Here! [resolved] sme silly JS redirect all the time

Hi thereIm having a nasty issue with accesing the forums when javscript is enabled in my browser, both in IE6 and the latest FF, at the moment JS is off which is why im able to post this.Basically when i access the forums the forums shw for a split secnd and then are replaced by a blank page with a link saying "Click to show/hide ?" with the url f that link being whatever page i wass trying to get, with a hash, eg Xisto.com/forums/# and if i click that link it just repeats with the forums than this blank page.Any ideas what it is? I dont see how it could be my side but i suppose its possible, im about to run a scan just to check anyway. I can see the lite version fine but i cant use that because i cant figure out where to login etc...Any ideas?

Yes, I've had to disable my Javascript aswell in order to be able to post or view the topics.It seems to be a problem Xisto's end rather than problems with our machines. I'm using internet explorer 7 at the moment and get the same error you do.

Edited by sportytalk (see edit history)

looks like we all have to disable javascript temporarily until this can be sorted out. we had a similar case of this error before, with the use of a customized bbcode in our forums. the error was not forum-wide though then, and it kicked the error only when viewing the profile of member who used the bbcode. if it's the fault of the same bbcode, and how it affected the whole forum, we still have to investigate.---UPDATE: javascript turned back ON again. Xisto admin and staff will have to review the archives of the shoutbox, to determine if the bbcode in question as pointed above is the culprit. after some bumping of shouts in the shoutbox, it seems to have been resolved. we'll all give you a report on this later. you can all safely turn back your javascript again...

Heh.... I think I made the mistake before. It was like my first day here, and I wanted to try out your BBCode. Haven't seen the showhide one anywhere, so I thought I would try it out, without making a SPAM Topic or post. Whoops! But I learned my lesson that time, and I didn't do it this time.

O yeah Mods can close this now.

Edited by Imtay22 (see edit history)

Ahh makes a little sense :PThanks for resolving it anyway, was really annoying! As said, the topic can be closed or whatever! Just wanted to give my thanks!

Someone used HIDE code that parsed in the shoutbox early this morning.HIDE code was updated so that it will not parse in the shoutbox, personal portal page and PM message.Thank you for finding this bug. Topic resolved.