xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dylan2xs

How To Block Bad Visitors IP ban

Hello guys i need some .htacces help over here , I am unfamiliar to .htaccess and I need to ban a certain IP from coming to my website. I know that banning people from a site like mine where logins are not required it is pretty much difficult but i think its not impossible. i have a comment box and an guestbook on my website and over the past few months I have been receiving some spam comments from one spammer in Bulgaria i didn't have a problem with that , i just had to delete them every morning, but the real problem bagan yesterday I started receiving tons (like three / five every minute) of the same spam from the same guy and two more spammers leaving links to many websites full of illegal stuff. I was really angry but i didn't know what to do .. so i just disabled all new comments but somehow they started spamming huge comments all over the place. so i had to remove my comment box and guestbook from my website. can anyone help me to get out from of this nightmare?

Yes, the Cpanel has an IP denial script in place.Sign-on to your Cpanel and look for "Site Management Tools / IP Deny Manager " in the list of features available.

if you want to use a .htacces file, you can use something like this, where 111.111.111.111 is the ip address you want to block:

order allow,denydeny from 111.111.111.111allow from all

I didn't find reading that link terribly helpful. For one thing, it really doesn't reach a conclusion. A good idea brought up is to block a specific MAC address, which must be possible, but pretty obscure information. In the future, assuming you're here to earn hosting credit, sum up the content contained within this other forum to form your own fresh content relevant to the subject at hand. You're not going to gain anything but spam warnings with three-word responses. I'd personally be interested in learning how to block specific machines from accessing my web site. But, then, I'd also like to be able to beat NSA computers in the encryption game... And, for the original poster at that other forum, when you're constantly harassed by a 13 year old, it's still harassment and there's still a law being broken, even if the parents don't act responsibly. If this is you, keep records of your incoming cell phone calls, and keep records of the comments he leaves on your web site to show the juvenile authorities.

Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)