xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Unregistered 012

H2o A new vacuum cleaner

I have found a pretty cool and interesting new vacuum cleaner that cleans entirely with water. It is called H2o. Now you might be thinking that it is one of those cleaners that use water and stuff to get out the stains in carpets. But it is not one of those. It is just like a regular vacuum cleaner, except it uses water. And, i guess that it is supposed to take out all of the germs and things like that out of the carpet instead of putting it into the air like regular vacuum cleaners. So i would rather use the water one instead. It is a pretty neat vacuum. I would recommend getting one cause it makes that air you breathe cleaner and stuff like that. Post what you think about this or if you have one of your own.

A water vacuum cleaner sounds like an interesting new design of a hoover.I'm not sure whether many people would want to go out to the shops and buy them though. If they're vacuum cleaners that use water instead of air, wouldn't they make everywhere wet? Also, there are many places you can't really get to, the air blows the particles out to places you can easily get to. I'm not sure whether the water would do such a good job at moving these particles.Water does have its advantages as you stated in the post above. You mentioned germs and cleaning the air. If you use a normal air vacuum cleaner, the bacteria wouldn't really be removed, you'd just be blowing the visible particles into the hoover bag ready to be collected by the rubbish men. If you were able to use a water vacuum cleaner, like this h20 model, you could perhaps add some kind of disinfectant solution which could completely remove the germs.I'm not sure whether water vacuum cleaners would make the air fresher by a lot, unless they were able to include an air freshener or something similar.They're still new, it may be that they'll become a lot more popular than the air vacuum cleaners and not soak everywhere. I suppose only time will tell. I wouldn't fancy going out and buying one until I know it actually does the job properly.I think these vacuum cleaners are a very nice idea for cleaning things like tiles, but for carpets I think using water cleaners isn't a good idea. It's better to use the standard air ones.

Edited by sportytalk (see edit history)

Well. It actually does not make the carpet wet. It is good for cleaning carpet and tiles. When it is sucking up all the stuff in the carpet it cleans that air that goes through. Like the germs, etc. I think it is pretty cool. And it doesnt use that much water. Oh, and it can be used with water, or without water.
Here is a link to check it out.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well, do you have to refill the vacumm cleaner with water everytime or does it just reuse what it already has? Just if you have to keep refilling the thing I would just get bored and use it without, also I don't think many people would use them as there not really available everywhere. Like, if I wanted a vacumm cleaner I would just go down to Argos or something and pick up a cheap one. It's not really the sort of thing I can see people (atleast not people like me) spending a lot of money on or even time to order the thing when I can get one down the road in less than ten minutes.A cool idea, but I can't see it working commercially. What exactly does the water do then? Is it just pumped around to make it look cool, because last time I checked water doesn't kill germs, or do you have to put a cleaning solution in there? If you do does any one work or does it have to be THERE solution, because that sounds like a good way to sting you for money.Cool idea though.

My parents got a new vacuum a while ago, from some guy that sold the same kind to my grandma 20 years ago, and they've made a bunch of improvements on it. It also came with some extra thing that circulates the air and filters it, and it's really quiet when you set it on low, and when you leave, you can set it higher and it won't matter because you won't be there to hear it. It has a lot of extensions for different places. Personally, I don't like any vacuums, because the cords get really annoying. If they could get a cordless vacuum that wasn't really expensive and was easy to use, it would be perfect; except I don't really like to vacuum, because that means work. ;)