xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
greenyb118

Should He Stay Or Should He Go? The TB Virus

We all know that dear old Tony Blair has stated his intentions of leaving, just as we all know that the scary scotsman will be taking his place. However, he said he would be leaving last year. He reached his deadline for leaving and hes still here, even though nobody, not even his own party, wants him! There are websites where you can place bets as to when you think he will leave. Me? I'm convinced that he's going to stay until next general election unless he's ousted Thatcher style.But why's he going to stay? The same reason John Major stayed when nobody wanted him. He likes the power. Just like every leader in history. His time came to go, but he just could not bear giving up his office and going into a life of obscurity. Plus he doesnt want to surrender it to a dodgy scotsman...

It is hard to think of anyone other than a certain Mr Bush that Tony Blair has failed to completely upset and disappoint. He said he was going to go and didn't. Did he give a good reason? No. The more I sit and think about our political situation and government, the more "Yes, Minister" seems like a factual documentary.

Blair won't go into obscurity, he'll still earn thousands giving speeches, selling his memoirs and stuff like that and remain in the public eye for a very long time. However, as you say, he doesn't want to give up his power over the country. That just proves politicians want what is best for them not for the country. Some days I sit here and wonder if we would have actually been better with Screaming Lord Sutch, or even his cat, in power.

when it comes to politics I dont know, even european politics.. but I really havent heard much bad about Blair. tho In the US we probably really dont care unless he starts claiming that he's Anna Nicoles baby's dad.. then that would be some good news and Id say for he to stay simple cause he banged her.. but unfortunatley it ddnt happen that way..