xisto Community
d3mential

How To Make A Counter Strike 1.6 Dedicated Server CS 1.6 Dedicated Server with Admin Mod and Stats Me

How to make a Counter Strike 1.6 Dedicated server

What do we need ?

HLDSupdatetool -> http://www.steampowered.com/download/hldsupdatetool.exe
NoSteamPatcher -> http://www.gameszone.ro/pages/refferer.php?file=no-won-steam.zip&refferer=
AdminMod + MetaMod -> http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
StatsMe -> http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Step 1

Create a dir were the server will be installed example C:\HLDS
Open hldsupdatetool.exe, click next , then I agree we will get to the destination folder, here

we press browse and select Local Disk C , then double click the HLDS folder. OK finish the

steps

Step 2

click Start , then Run , type "cmd" , in the command line type cd C:\hlds

Step 3

if you se in the command line C:\hlds , type hldsupdatetool.exe -command update -game valve

-dir .

what this does ? it just start downloading in to the server directory all the latest files

needed by the server to run it will download the latest server aplication.
After you se "HLDS installation up to date" in the command prompt we will install the Counter

Strike mod for the server

Like before at C:\hlds type hldsupdatetool.exe -command update -game cstrike -dir .

after the mod is downloaded the message "HLDS installation up to date

Patching the server to accept Non Steam Clients:
Open no-won-steam.zip wich you have downloaded extract everything in C:\HLDS

Server CFG
In C:\HLDS\cstrike there is a server.cfg file open it with wordpad delete everything in it and

paste the following cvars:
code:

hostname "<HOSTNAME>"mp_autokick 0
mp_autocrosshair 0
mp_autoteambalance 0
mp_buytime 2
mp_consistency 1
mp_c4timer 35
mp_fadetoblack 0
mp_falldamage 0
mp_flashlight 1
mp_forcecamera 3
mp_forcechasecam 2
mp_friendlyfire 1
mp_freezetime 3
mp_fraglimit 0
mp_hostagepenalty 0
mp_limitteams 6
mp_logfile 1
mp_logmessages 1
mp_logdetail 3
mp_maxrounds 0
mp_playerid 0
mp_roundtime 3
mp_startmoney 800
mp_timelimit 35
mp_tkpunish 0
mp_winlimit 0

sv_aim 0
sv_airaccelerate 10
sv_airmove 1
sv_allowdownload 1
sv_clienttrace 1.0
sv_clipmode 0
sv_allowupload 1
sv_cheats 0
sv_gravity 800
sv_lan 1
sv_maxrate 7000
sv_maxspeed 320
sv_maxupdaterate 101
sys_ticrate 10000
decalfrequency 60
pausable 0
log on
decalfrequency 60
edgefriction 2
host_framerate 0
exec listip.cfg
exec banned.cfg
rcon_password <PASSWORD>

At <HOSTNAME> we can type anything we what example "Jack's Counter-Strike Server"
<PASSWORD> is the rcon password for the admin to the server it is used to remote control the

server.

Installing Admin Mod

We have downloaded earlyer halflife-admin-2.50.60-win.zip wich we will extract it anywere and

double click on install_admin.vbs after wich it will ask us where to install. You will se

diferent targets , we are interested in C:\HLDS so we type the number of the target, it will

ask us what mod to install we are interesated in cstrike. OK and that's about it.

Installing StatsMe

we downloaded statsme-2.8.3-cstrike.zip extract everything in C:\HLDS\cstrike
Go to C:\HLDS\cstrike\addons\metamod open plugins.ini with wordpad and here add the next line

on top of the existing one :
Code:
win32 addons\statsme\dlls\statsme_mm.dll

Go to C:\HLDS\cstrike\addons\statsme open statsme.cfg with wordpad
At sm_menupassword modify r3wt with an other password (it's a must! or something won't work)

to make de /rank and /top10 work
open the same statsme.cfg at sm_storebyauth put 0 instead of 1

How to start the server using less resources

make a shorcut for C:\HLDS\hlds.exe on the desktop
on the desktop click the properties of the shortcut you will se at the target C:\HLDS\hlds.exe
we will just add this line ( note ! leav a space between C:\HLDS\hlds.exe and the code)
Code:
-console -game cstrike +ip External IP +sv_lan 1 +maxplayers +map de_dust2 -nomaster

example of target:

C:\HLDS\hlds.exe -console -game cstrike +ip 69.69.123.231 +sv_lan 1 +maxplayers 22 +map

de_dust2 -nomaster

To start the server just double click the shortcut hlds.exe

This is the basic Dedicated Server with Admin Mod and StatME

with these instructions I ended up getting "invalid cd key" when i try to connect to the server.you only specified that we should extract the nosteam but didn't give any way of applying it. can this be the issue? if not, how can i solve the cd key problem?

with these instructions I ended up getting "invalid cd key" when i try to connect to the server.you only specified that we should extract the nosteam but didn't give any way of applying it. can this be the issue? if not, how can i solve the cd key problem?

yeah same here with this all i m havin invalid cd key help plz fast.........................

If you get invalid key when joining in your own dedicated server. Open your dedicated server from original place and check box valve anti cheat and start your server then you can join your server-maroof

I followed the instructions except when I check the cheat box and I try to enter my own game it still says invalid cd. Do you have any idea what's wrong and what do you mean by "Open your dedicated server from original place" please elaborate. Thank you-andrew

If you ger error like: invalid cd code or slt, that means you don't have original cd key for it!!IF you want it to work downlaod counter strike 1.6 server creator, and it works 100%!:)-Expert

If you ger error like: invalid cd code or slt, that means you don't have original cd key for it!!IF you want it to work downlaod counter strike 1.6 server creator, and it works 100%!:P

-Expert

Dear,

I do use nonsteal cs client but i still got invalid cd key....anywork around for this ?
will -nocdkey works?

Thanks

dont know if youll respond to this but will this server be availible on condition zero cause i tend to like that better if so how do i change it to condition zerohi i did exacly as you said but i got this errorfatal error - dedicated servercouldn't allocate dedicated server ip port 27015

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

How do you make server with this?

How To Make A Counter Strike 1.6 Dedicated Server

Replying to tejana Hi,

How to create server with this website? And I don't know how to speak or write any chinese words. Thanks

-reply by Ruben

Replying to toxic_bombthats because you shouldnt delete the server.Cfg info I mean the stuf in it what he has says is wronge you cant even let people join you just should leave it ;) I think that wil help if I doenst work then you should download counter-strike server creater and do it again -reply by fearless

Why when I make a server I can not public it on web-stite

Why I can not do my server public my server to Gametracker.Com

When I want to add my server IP it says please check public IP not private IP

-reply by Merton

server problems

Hi, I used counter strike server creater...And it worked great but the thing is that it is using my lan IP so when I sent the server IP to my friends house it would not let him connect if anyone knows how I can make it public please help

Thank You very much

players ten

Replying to iGuest hello I had the same problem too. You can solve this problem by steeing max players from 24 to 10 and then go to your server console and write down. Sv_lan 0 press enter, then write down Clientport 27015 press enter, then write down Sv_region 3 if your in europe otherwise write 225 press enter. And now your server is an internet server. Every body can join it if you need more help contact me at don-sedighi hotmail.Com