xisto Community

Laws always existed to make our life happier and more safe - so they sayFirst let me ask you? have you ever broken a law? Do you think most or every people you know have ever broken a law?of course you have, so let me ask you... if the law make every single people in the country a criminal, don't you think there is something wrong with the law?Since ages past there have been increasing number of law and at the same time an increasing number of criminal and criminal activity. Today we are in the period of maximum law and also maximum criminal.What does this conclude?Human hate laws! even i hate it when people tell me what to do and what not, so there are more tendency in breaking the lawlaw is controlling people by fear. If you are a guy and you are attracted to a girl on street, why wont you rape her? fear of police or your passion to follow the culture code to make the society survive. Its fear the world is now control by fearbut fear gets people frustrated and the result of that frustration you can flip the news paper and see almost everyday.Instead if you are to rule by your own principle. First, you would follow it because it is your own principle second maximum number of criminal will soon disappearSo So from now on people, form your own principle and follow them!

Laws do exist to make the world a safer and happier place, I don't think many people would be very happy if it was acceptiable to go around killing anyone they felt like killing.

As far as I know no one I know has broken a major law. Whats your proof that everyone in the world is a criminal, I know some people who wouldn't have broken a single law in their whole entire life. I think what your getting at is that crime is more socially acceptable than it was in the past. Which means that more people are commiting crimes without a care in the world. One of those laws that I can think of is copyright and downloading music off of the internet.

Isn't it expected that if there is more laws that there will be more criminals? The whole reason why we have laws is to keep the place safer and if someone doesn't comply then it is expected that they would get a punishment. In one sense maximum law and maximum criminals is a good thing, it helps keep the world safer and the criminals off the streets able to hurt other people.

I don't really think your research concludes that humans hate laws. I like most other people love the murder law, that if someone goes around killing people they will be punished. I'm sure there are some laws that you like yourself and wouldn't be happy if we didn't have them any more.

Laws control people by fear for a reason - so that the laws aren't broken. Would you really follow a law that said don't do this or or or we won't do anything to you. I don't think that law would have a purpose.

Your next "questions" sickens me.

If you are a guy and are attracted to a girl on street, why wont you rape her?

I could like quite a few reasons why I wouldn't randomally rape someone on the street including, its a sick thing to do, it is imorral, it is disrespectful to this person, it will affect this girl in later life.

I'm assuming that your last sentence is telling everyone to run wild and do anything they want to? That isn't right. Laws are there for a reason and for people to follow them.

Edited by Matt2 (see edit history)

So from now on people, form your own principle and follow them!

Thinking like this is the reason why there are laws in the first place. Why are you promoting such a fallacy? What one person thinks is right and just does not mean that it is. It seems that you are promoting anarchy.

Isn't it expected that if there is more laws that there will be more criminals?

I would expect it to be the other way around: There are more laws for there are (more) criminals doing things that haven't been implemented into the system. But time has passed long enough to have enough laws to cover practically every aspect, or at least one would think.

It is true that they put the fear of the laws and the police in you but for a reason. Without that fear without that law without the police more stuff would happen like what you mentioned about the girl in a park and thats why there is the fear, law, police to protect the girl. Without this law the world would become corrupt instead of corn fields you would see pot fields. The laws put fear in you but they put the fear in you for others protection and also your own. Lets say you kill someone and without any present law someone who cared about who you killed may end up killing you laws are for protection of everyone.

Your rights stop at the end of my nose, and vice versa. Any laws that do anything BUT protect one member of society from another are, IMO, stupid and pointless.I don't believe that adults should be ticketed for not wearing seat belts in cars. I wear mine not because I don't want to pay the fine (it can be somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 bucks around here), but because I don't want to be thrown through the windshield if I'm in a wreck. Not being fined is a nice bonus. :PBut: laws against running stop signs are good in my book. I don't care WHY another driver stops at the stop sign. It tends to keep that person from creaming me. Not every time, of course, but it's better than never.

This is quite a controversial subject. Not just because of your statement, "If you are a guy and you are attracted to a girl on street, why wont you rape her?", but because when discussing laws its usually down to personal opinion, often which are controversial.I'll start by saying that since Roman times, laws have always been in place to prevent criminal activity by imposing fines/prison sentences and to maintain a healthy and civilised society.I don't believe that we're controlled by fear. I think, again, that is a matter of opinion. Each person has his or her own moral stance when it comes to understanding and interpreting the different laws which are in place. Personally, I think a world without laws, a society based on anarchistic ideals is not exactly what I'd want. I abide by the law simply because I don't want to find myself behind bars. Whereas the next man may break the law, whether for personal gain or whatever, but he chooses to do so.And that I think is important. We each choose whether or not if we want to abide by the rules. Until our ability to choose is taken away, your remark that we're controlled by fear is simply void.

Laws always existed to make our life happier and more safe - so they sayFirst let me ask you? have you ever broken a law? Do you think most or every people you know have ever broken a law?
of course you have, so let me ask you... if the law make every single people in the country a criminal, don't you think there is something wrong with the law?

Since ages past there have been increasing number of law and at the same time an increasing number of criminal and criminal activity. Today we are in the period of maximum law and also maximum criminal.

What does this conclude?
Human hate laws! even i hate it when people tell me what to do and what not, so there are more tendency in breaking the law

law is controlling people by fear. If you are a guy and you are attracted to a girl on street, why wont you rape her? fear of police or your passion to follow the culture code to make the society survive. Its fear the world is now control by fear

but fear gets people frustrated and the result of that frustration you can flip the news paper and see almost everyday.

Instead if you are to rule by your own principle. First, you would follow it because it is your own principle second maximum number of criminal will soon disappearSo

Man what you're saying is right and wrong at the same time. Laws were meant to manage our lives and organize relationships between people, societies, parties, countries... etc. without rules, chaos will prevail and everybody will go crazy! crimes won't decrease in number because when someone has nothing to limit him/her nothing can stop him/her from doing anything terrible like killing someone, stealing stuff, sexually harass someone else... etc. But rules were set to put limits to all these actions, and despite the presence of all these rules, some people still actually do those terrible stuff without giving a *BLEEP* about the consequences of their actions.
But on the other hand, some rules and laws are just stupid or useless. and their presence only adds complexity to our lives. so the way I see it, such rules and laws should be abolished. only the important and efficient laws should be kept. Now, our duty is to abide by those important rules. because those rules should seem logical to us, and as a consequence this should encourage us to follow these rules.

It is odd that there hasn't yet been pointed out that there is a difference between political and social law. First of all, a stuctured, organized community can only survive by political rules which try to keep everyone from harming one another, or making it completly impossible to advance with the well being of the community. These rules are subject to change and perhaps not personally motivatable. The seatbelt motivation being not wanting to crash through the windshield is personal. But not every one does this. But to reduce deaths from crashing through a windshield and thus to benefit the entire community, the rule is enacted and breaking is punished. Cultural rules are personal, unwritten, and are punished in different ways. They are the 'values' of the largest group of people. These include for example that it's immoral to rape a girl. And again, there are situation where this does happen. but this (not considering the political rules) is punished by bans. Outkast are rarely happy. Ofcourse, don't think it's this black and white. There are communities in communities in communities, all with their set of values and applications of those values. Living by your own principle is utterly impossible, unless you are born alone, grew up alone and live alone, not subjected to the influence of those various groups.

It is odd that there hasn't yet been pointed out that there is a difference between political and social law. First of all, a stuctured, organized community can only survive by political rules which try to keep everyone from harming one another, or making it completly impossible to advance with the well being of the community.
These rules are subject to change and perhaps not personally motivatable. The seatbelt motivation being not wanting to crash through the windshield is personal. But not every one does this. But to reduce deaths from crashing through a windshield and thus to benefit the entire community, the rule is enacted and breaking is punished.
Cultural rules are personal, unwritten, and are punished in different ways. They are the 'values' of the largest group of people. These include for example that it's immoral to rape a girl. And again, there are situation where this does happen. but this (not considering the political rules) is punished by bans. Outkast are rarely happy.
Ofcourse, don't think it's this black and white. There are communities in communities in communities, all with their set of values and applications of those values. Living by your own principle is utterly impossible, unless you are born alone, grew up alone and live alone, not subjected to the influence of those various groups.

I liked your post, it really makes sense. But those cultural values you're talking about aren't constant. They differ from community to another, a religion to another, a race to another, a society to another... etc. Also, they differ from generation to another. There was a time when women thought it was a sin to show a tiny bit of their body, but now adays, if a girl doesn't show off all her "stuff" she'd be considered as a retard! and people would treat her as if she's a weirdo or something. Also, in the past, having sex with someone that isn't your husband/wife used to be considered as one of the most terrible sins, fornication, which sometimes ended up with the death of those two persons who did that... even a queen (the queen of England or France, not too sure) was convicted of adultery and consequently she was executed! But these days sex has became a habit! an 18 years old who's still a virgin would be considered the laughing stock of the whole high school or collage or whatever.
Even if someone was born alone, grew up alone, and lived alone his whole life he won't have principles that are much different from our society's principles and values. Well that's because I think such values are innate! they are born with us, and they are exposed to the person upon contact with certain situations that instigate the exposure of this value or that.

I firmly believe that all actions are driven by consequences, whether that consequence is negative or positive, whether its ending up in jail or having to deal with your conscience. Obviously if you could steal without any negative consequence you would. I think its the same with the laws. Yes i have broken the law, i'm neither ashamed of it, or proud of it i just realize that its a fact that its probably going to happen to most people. Laws are more of a reflection of society than anything else and when laws start to seem really absurd that can usually be indicative of a government that is either screwing something up on purpose or is really out of touch with its people.

Its fear the world is now control by fear

If it's fear that keeps crackheads from breaking the law, then I'm all for it.

My principle is to club anybody walking down the street on the head and take their money. I'm all knowing and always right, therefore, I will follow my principle.

i totally agree with ishan1990. its like the drug debate. if it was legal the people who already do it would continue to do it, the people who have no interest in it still wouldn't. everyone probably breaks the law in one way or the other but it doesnt make them a criminal unless they continue to do it. my friend just got a dui. he broke the law and now has to deal with the consequences. is a criminal/ yea, the night it happened. is he now? no. he learned, it was a blessing in diguise becasue no one died and we didnt die and we wont do it again. criminals knowing act and break the law. we didnt think we would would get caught. WE DIDNT THINK. but we deal with due process and thats America. we have the best of the worst legal system in the world. would you rather get your fingers cut off for stealing or beheaded for audultery. it happens.