xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Matrixdudej

Alienware

Hey, im thinking about getting a alienware computer/laptop for good gaming and graphics and stuff and im pretty sure its the best graphics computer but i am not 100% sure i need a good computer to deal with like gaming good memory space, great graphics, and much more and most people recomend alienware computers/laptops for this kind of thing and also on their website they look really nice but i wanted to check and see what all of you think about alienware, do you think its the best for gaming and grpahics or if not what do you think is the best computer/laptop for these kind of things? also give me a website so icould look it up if you dont think alienware is the best, thanks for your help :P

Matrixdudej-If you are looking strictly for a laptop Alienware isn't a bad choice, but remember you will be paying for the name, and possibly getting a little lower quality computer. You may also want to check out Falcon Northwest, they are a little smaller company that I know to make some very nice gaming laptops. Run a google search on them, not sure what their URL is off the top of my head.If you are looking for a desktop, of course I'm going to say to check out my company (link is in the signature), but we really do offer a far superior product. I mean, all our gaming desktops are hand built, from quality, brand name parts. Configure a system on our website then configure an Alienware system with the exact same specs on their website and I notice the huge amount you can save when buying from a smaller company such as Plug. Falcon Northwest also makes some quality desktops, if you're willing to pay the price.

hello the matrix has you lol do u like alienware because my uncle because my uncle joe works for alienware and he has some sweet computer stuff from them. have you ever been to alienware.com you can customize a computer for you but i warn you it will not cheap. like one time i made one and it came out around 12000$ or something they are good fast but exspensive. if you want i will ask my uncle if he will give you a good computer for cheap. i mean he gets the stuff for like super discount prices. it rocks cuz i can do whatever on his computer with programs he has he would kill anyone who broke his computer

well, i would suggest a macbook pro, if price isnt a problem, and seeing that your going for alienware, it doesnt seem to be. but alienware computers are nice, but expensive, mac computers are nice, a little less expensive, but have the same and if not, better specs than alienware computers. so check out both, and go to other companies, like plug. just customize computers and find the right price.

Well, to be perfectly honest im a mac LOVER so im biased BUT..... i will say that no mac not even my precious macbook pro (you have no idea how much this pains me to say this) can compare to a PC when i comes to games. I would say that your best bet when it comes to bang for the buck would to be to find a computer whiz who lives near you or has a shop and go to him and get him to make you a custom computer. That way you can pick out every thing you want how much you want it to cost =0 and how powerful you want it to be. As well as the fact that you can really make your computer look awsome with a cool case and whatnot. Believe it or not if you had someone make a computer for you you could spend somewhere around 25% less on the computer if not more! Plus theirs no better tech support than someone who built the computer with their bare hands =0. Anyhow just thought id throw in my two cents.. Best regardsChuck

chuck, i understand that you are a mac guy but alienware is fully customizable and plus much more but yes alienware computers are quite exspensive but still you have got to admit that the graphics and physics engines they have just make most games so much more realistic.

well, i would suggest a macbook pro, if price isnt a problem, and seeing that your going for alienware, it doesnt seem to be. but alienware computers are nice, but expensive, mac computers are nice, a little less expensive, but have the same and if not, better specs than alienware computers. so check out both, and go to other companies, like plug. just customize computers and find the right price.

He said he wanted to use it for gaming, no offence; but compared to Windows- Mac lacks somewhat in the game department. :P

chuck, i understand that you are a mac guy but alienware is fully customizable and plus much more but yes alienware computers are quite exspensive but still you have got to admit that the graphics and physics engines they have just make most games so much more realistic.

However, one could create a computer with the same specs as an alienware for only $500 or so. And of course- even then; there isn't much point. One only needs a single Gforce 8800 to handle every game on the market for at least the next three years. Just a thought- as Plug Computers said, you'll be paying for the name as well. You can get much cooler cases for only $50 off eBay. :P