xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
RedAlert

Starcraft Help.

My main race is Terran, and I pretty much need help in all the matchups. The one I need the most help in is vs Protoss, though.My usual strategy vs Protoss is to get 8 workers, then a supply depot, then on the 11th worker I make a barracks, then on then 12th worker I make a refinery. I make a factory when I have 100 gas, then a second factory when I have 100 more gas, and I add a machine shop to the first factory when it finishes. This whole time I'm pumping workers, rines (up til about 4-5) and tanks. When I have around 5 rines and 3 tanks, I move up and expand. That force usually scares off the 3 or 4 goons the toss might have at my base at that point. I research seige when I get 150 minerals, then I get an engineering bay if I suspect a DT rush (lack of dragoons or a late second gateway). This works a lot of the time, but I have some problems when there is no ramp leading to my base. Their dragoons seem to be able to murder my marines when they're on the same elevation, so I end up getting hurt badly on maps like longius and tau cross =/. Can anyone help?If you play money maps, then just click "back". There's no possible way you could help.

Aw cmon, money maps are fun :P. I don't play anymore. I, kinda retired. What I used to do was make as many of those little worker things as possible, and then make marines. And THEN make a refinery thingy. Just so you have a little defence. I wouldn't go again protoss with terran anyways. ><. I made starcraft maps....didn't play many.

My main race is Terran, and I pretty much need help in all the matchups. The one I need the most help in is vs Protoss, though.

My usual strategy vs Protoss is to get 8 workers, then a supply depot, then on the 11th worker I make a barracks, then on then 12th worker I make a refinery. I make a factory when I have 100 gas, then a second factory when I have 100 more gas, and I add a machine shop to the first factory when it finishes. This whole time I'm pumping workers, rines (up til about 4-5) and tanks. When I have around 5 rines and 3 tanks, I move up and expand. That force usually scares off the 3 or 4 goons the toss might have at my base at that point. I research seige when I get 150 minerals, then I get an engineering bay if I suspect a DT rush (lack of dragoons or a late second gateway). This works a lot of the time, but I have some problems when there is no ramp leading to my base. Their dragoons seem to be able to murder my marines when they're on the same elevation, so I end up getting hurt badly on maps like longius and tau cross =/. Can anyone help?

Against protoss, you should under no circumstance ever build marines. What you want to do against toss is to build an army consisting of vultures and tanks. Marines/medics and firebats are completly useless the same second your opponent starts pumping zealots. Allso, forget engineeringbay, get academy and a comsat on all your commandcenters instead and bind them (the comsats) to keys 7, 8 and 9 for detection without having to be near a misslie tower.

Back to the army: You'll want to pump massive amounts of vultures because they do massive amounts of damage to zealots and templars of all kinds. Tanks slaughter dragoons so you definatly need them for support. Your ratio of vultures to tanks should depend on his build and zealot to dragoon ratio. If your protoss enemy goes carriers late game you should buils wraiths and infiltration, remember to scan with comsat to see if he's got observers or your wraiths will be no good.

Scanning is, btw, a number 1 top key priority at all times. You'll be at a HUGHE disadvantage as terran unless you regurarly scan your opponent base to see what tech he's going for.

Against zerg on the other hand, you'll want to build marines. Tanks are, in this matchup, only used as a backup support unit and to kill sunkens and lurkers. Marines (with stims) and medics will form the core of your army. If you have the extra minerals and gas, build a few wraiths for overlordhunting. Mastering this matchup is the most difficult of the 3 but once you get your micro and macro right, you'll win over the average zerg player quite easily.

The terran mirror is a bit if a "guess and go" game if you ask me. If he goes marines, you go vultures. If he go air, you go goliats. You get the idea. Remember to scan his base.

Watch some pro replays, get their strategies, practise a lot.

Edited by komigen (see edit history)