xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jayke

United States 2008 Elections

It finally happened, the most diverse elections ever in the United States. A Hispanic, Governor of New Mexico, Bill Richardson is running. A woman, Hillary Clinton is running, and an African American is running. There, I'm sure are more, but these three are getting the most popularity right now. People, such as me do not see Hillary Clinton as a woman first they see her as a Clinton first. The Clintons are a highly reconized Democratic family in the United States. Hillary Clinton is the one I wish to win in 2008. Her talks, and issues I am totally at agreence to them. That is why I plan to join the Democratic party when I am old enough. Bill Richardson, Democrat Governor of a Republican state, New Mexico: I do not like him at all, he was a horrible governor. Did I say was? I mean IS. I lived in New Mexico for a while, I think the only reason he keeps winning because his main focus is Alberurque (sp?) and not the other parts of the small state of New Mexico. Do you think 2008 will be a time when the entire world will be watching the United States elections? I think so myself, the United States is at edge, Hillary Clinton has a large amount of approval. It may be the first time a major party backed a woman to be the forerunner. If Clinton does win would it finally show the world that America is not sexist? Than after that we need an Asian, African American, a gay, a Atheist, a Jew and a Muslim all to win office. Will this really show the world that America is not tied to religion?

First thing you want to do is find out (don't know how just yet) if she's (or who's) of royal lineage. That'll tell you if she's even got a chance. Then you'll have to determine who, from either party -doesn't make any difference- has the most blue blood of all the perspective candidates. George and Slick are actual cousins so that should tell you something right there. I'm going to try and do some digging on the subject and maybe you could too. It'd be kinda fun in a horrifying sense to predict the next election before their own parties even choose them.

i support hilary clinton. i do hope she gets voted in because i don't see anyone else being a better candidate. Plus, we need a democrat to take office because the republicans have not only screwed us but the whole world, i don't know if bush should be blamed for this or the party, but i think we are all tired of republicans. And the latest issue was with the stock market. Back to topic, i hope hilary is as good as bill clinton...don't look at the things he did that messed his image because he was a great president. We need a democrat son before us turns into a communism country... because it already has started with republicans in office.

Wow, it is way to early for me to have chosen my choice of candidate. I have not heard enough from any of them to have decided yet. We have almost 2 years to listen to all of their positions on the different matters of state. I just hope people don't view this election as a popularity contest. The tendency to do this is a bother to me. People should listen and watch closely each candidates behavior on all the matters at hand to see if they really have a grasp on the job qualifications. Being President isn't an easy job. Just look at the physical effects the presidency has had on past presidents. The mental stress is reflected quite often in physical appearances. This is an indicator of how well they held up under the pressure of the job. Anyone choosing to run should be strong of mind and body as well as being well versed on the condition and state of world affairs. What really doesn't matter, outside of individual and moral beliefs, is one's sex (or sexual orientation), ethnicity, color, religion or political party. What America needs in a President is a very well educated person with all the experience possible dealing with political systems. To find this in one person is not an easy task. May the best of all the candidates rise to the top in the long run.

Like all elections here in the US, they start out really diverse. However, there is no point in even looking at this as something new until the primaries come around and the parties decide who they want to represent them. I am a Republican so to me the most important primary is the Republican Primary. However, this does not mean i dont care who is going to run against my canidate as a Democrat. For me, i do not support Hilary Clinton for a good number of reasons none of which has to do with her gender. To be, I never have liked her or her husband and lots of things could have been avoided economically and terroristically if President Clinton had done things differently. So, we still have like a year and half til elections and until late this year, early next there is no point in worrying about it because all the issues will change and so will the candidates.

As an outsider, I probably dont really care. But considering the diversity of the candidates, its gonna be really interesting, especially if Hilary Clinton gets through and eventually wins the presidential election (thus presidents go.. Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton)..