xisto Community
BooZker

How Do You Get And Send Your Emails?

Do you use a client? If so which one? Do you use a website? If so which one?I have tried many clients in my time, but never liked any. I had always used the internet service providers ones. I was curious what Thunderbird was so i downloaded it. I LOVE it. I have had a couple problems with receiving some emails though, but i think that is resolved. I like it because in the Mac version there is a little badge that tells you when you get a new email and how many.So i use Thunderbid by Mozilla

I also use Thunderbird by Mozilla. I used Outlook for a while but didn't like it so I changed. Im really happy with Thunderbird. Its easy, simple and really good.

I use Opera to check my emails from my hosting account here at Xisto, and the Internet sites for all my other accounts (GMail, Hotmail, etc.). On my laptop I use Kontact/KMail to get my emails. Personally I like Opera's email client the best. It works quickly and simply and does everything I need it to.

I use Yahoo! Mail, so...Web browser :PSeveral years ago, back when I actually used the free POP3 e-mail account that came with my ISP service, I used Eudora Mail. Man, that was a long time ago. I don't even remember much about that program at this point :(I've heard awesome things about Mozilla's Thunderbird, though.

I use my personal email client and smtp server, i do not need gmail, or yahoo! mail or anyother, i use:advanced emailerfree smtp serverBe smart, use your own smtp server to send your emails directly to whoever you want

I use Opera to check my emails from my hosting account here at Xisto, and the Internet sites for all my other accounts (GMail, Hotmail, etc.). On my laptop I use Kontact/KMail to get my emails. Personally I like Opera's email client the best. It works quickly and simply and does everything I need it to.

the hosting account email. is there so that you can make a Xisto mail? f.ex. myname@Xisto.com? or are we supposed to make a new e-mail account with any other email service and use it as contact address?

I use the old conventional method, Google Talk or Windows Live Messenger alerts me with every new email I receive, and I click on them and then, I will be brought to the page to read my emails. I have tried using Thunderbird, but I didn't really like it because I could not get it to work with GMail for me. For some reason, I was not receiving any emails instantly, even if it was sent, so I am back to using the old web browser methods of reading email.

I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this, but we use Microsoft Outlook (2007 now). It collects all our email addresses (about 6 of them) all into one place. I hate Outlook Express with vehemence. But Outlook 2007 seems to do the job. I also like the integration with MSN Messenger/ Windows Live Messenger. I have no idea if it's worth the money as we get Microsoft Office free.

I quite like Thunderbird myself...I managed to set up a couple of accounts so that I could receive all my new messages and RSS feeds in one place. Really convenient. I use Outlook Express, too (unfortunately) but only once in a while.

Thunderbird seems like one of the main ones. I didnt think this amount of people used it.

the hosting account email. is there so that you can make a Xisto mail? f.ex. myname@Xisto.com? or are we supposed to make a new e-mail account with any other email service and use it as contact address?

Sort of... You wouldnt have myname@Xisto.com you would have and DO have if your hosted, myname@yourdomain.trap17.com. It's to long so i never use it. I used to have a domain name ojproductions.net that was hosted on Xisto. Then you can do yourname@ojproductions.net. Until you have a domain name its yourname@yoursubdomain.trap17.com

I don't use any client i use my browser to check my mail cause i feel that it's unsafe having them all loaded into the drive as i once experienced a problem where a virus came into my drive and then was sent to all my contacts and the list goes on and on ! and that if happened then will be a big thing.. I use hotmail service but not windows live mail cause it's still a beta and it takes pretty long to load! :P

To send and recieve emails i use Mozilla Thunderbird. I originally had used Microsoft Outlook Express but the spam filter was horrible. The spam filter in Thunderbird is absolutley amazing. I get soo much spam to my school account yet i might get 1 email that is not marked as spam per day. This saves me a ton of time going through what is a good email and what isnt and it rarely marks a good email as spam. The reason i have to use a client is that i have multiple emails for website i maintain, my school address, etc that i need them all in the same place so i know what emails i am getting and can promptly respond.

The weird thing is, i first started using Apple's Mail. I didnt like it and went to thunderbird... NOW i am BACK at Mail? Hmm i wonder why i like it more. I kinda like the look of it more and its more minimilistic which is nice. Well i have changed and now its Apple's Mail.