xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jtmcpherson

Guide To 99 Anything By Me

i was planning on selling this for runescape gold as it took a while to write but i figured aww heck i'll give it away! :P enjoy.

Things To Think About ~
===================
__________________________________________________ ___________________

Don't think that your going to get a 99 skill in a day, unless your level 98 that just isn't going to happen.

The first few weeks are the hardest. After that it becomes more of a routine, e.g. you only come on the game to train a certain skill.

There are a few things that go through your mind when training for a 99 skill, these are;

1. This is taking ages; I'll never get to 99!

2. I’m bored with this skill, I'll go train another.

3. Distractions, e.g. thinking about the next 99 before the first one is finished.

4. I’m not making any money with this skill! I'll go train another skill that can earn me more money!

If you can think over those points, you have a very good chance of achieving

=====================================
~ Things Not To Do When Trying To Achieve 99 ~
=====================================
__________________________________________________ ____________________

1. Don't check your exp. every back pack, this will just make the time drag on. If you insist that you must check your backpack, check it every 30 minutes at the MOST! By checking every 30 minutes or more, you may surprise yourself about how much exp. you have gained. This may help to keep you motivated.

2. Don't continuously think about how long you have left to go. Although it is a good idea to make a log and keep track about how you’re progressing.

3. Don't take breaks to train other skills. Even though the training may become extremely boring, you are wasting time when you could be training that skill. Everything adds up. You will be a lot happier when you don't have to train for an extra day because you decided to train another skill.

4. Don't ask friends about skills there training. This can be a huge downfall, as you may be distracted by the skill they are training and may influence you to train that skill yourself.

5. Don’t decide to train a skill half heartedly. Most players with a 99 skill didn’t just stumble upon it. They set themselves a goal. Lastly don't give in, if you really want to get a 99 you wi

================================
~ Things To Do when trying to achieve 99 ~
================================
__________________________________________________ ______________

1. Do chat to friends. This is a very good thing to do while training skills such as fishing and woodcutting, as it takes your mind off about how much you have left to go. I wouldn’t suggest chatting as much with skills such as mining and thieving, as these take lots of clicking and chatting will slow down the process.

2. Do watch TV (if you have it in the same room as your computer), or listen to music. The forums are also a good place to go as it takes your mind off how much you have left to go, and makes time pass faster. Again this isn’t a very good idea when training mining, thieving etc. Be careful of random events when watching TV or browsing the forums.

3. Do take a break from Runescape every once in a while. After playing for a long time, training can get irritating and annoying. Just take a 30 minute break or more, and you’ll be ready for training again when you return.

4. Do wear boots of lightness and the spotted capes. These are good when training agility and farming, as they can speed up the process dramatically as they reduce your weight so you can run for longer. When browsing the forums, don’t wear your party hat or dragon armour when training a skill such as woodcutting or fishing. If you get attacked by a random event, you could risk loosing an item, such as a piece of dragon armour or a rare! REMEMBER you only keep your three best items from the high alchemy price, and rares have a low-alching price, so if you are wearing rune armour and a rare you will LOSE the RARE! Wear a ring of life, these can save your life and are good if you not paying attention. It only takes about 10-20 seconds for a random event to kill you.
__________________________________________________ _______________
===========================================
~ Things To Do When Trying To Achieve 99 ~ (Continued)
===========================================
__________________________________________________ ____________________

5. Do try and post a log of your progress, this is good because it shows you how far you have come, and will help keep you motivated. It also helps you keep on track, rather than just training a skill pointlessly, and not knowing if it’s ever going to end. The best place to do this would be the “Goal and Achievements” forum. Slayer logs, barrows logs and drop logs should be posted in the “Monsters” forum. The good thing about posting on the Runescape forums is that you can support each other and you can make lots of new friends.

6. Do set a daily amount of exp. Or a set number of items a day. For example if I’m runecrafting my daily amount may be 9k exp. a day or 1k nats. This gives you something to aim for and also avoids aimless training of a skill. After you have finished the daily amount you could then possibly train another skill until the next day.

7. Try to train the fastest way to 99. I would suggest to avoid training a skill the longest way just to make a lot of money. Remember you can always make money with most skills once their 99. You may wish to have an item goal and a 99 skill at the same time, such as cutting 40k mages and achieving 99 woodcutting, and then buying a rare. Its your choice but, I would suggest speed training skill. For skills that you can’t afford to train fast, such as cooking. I would suggest making the money first as collecting the supplies is normally slower than making the money to buy them.
__________________________________________________ _______________
=================
~ Fastest Exp. Rates ~
=================

Here’s a list of skills I know with the fastest most trouble-free exp. rates.

- Woodcutting: Willows, Draynor village.

- Fishing: Salmon and trout in Shilo village.

- Mining: Iron ore (power mining).

- Slayer: Vannaka, edgeville dungeon. / For 110+ Combat Shilo village master is the best. I would suggest skipping all dragon tasks, and also skipping tasks that don’t give much exp. guthans and a cannon is also good for fast slayer exp.

- Prayer: Gilded alter with dragon bones is the fastest exp. have your house at Rimmington and note the d bones and marrentill, then re-buy back at general store.

- Magic: Pest control / Stunning (80+ mage, use mud staff) / High alchemy.

- Attack / Str / Def: Pest control, or if you have guthans and are 100+ combat, take a piece of god clothing such as a god cape zammy and sara only, rune + whip / d scimmy. Go to the bandit camp and go in the little huts and stand in a corner. The bandits with auto attack you. This gives great exp. and the guthans is used to heal you, so you don’t have to bank for food.

- Cooking: Cook lobbies till 94 with cooking gauntlets. (Family crest quest), then cook sharks. Cook in the rouges den, as there is an everlasting fire. Sharks are the fastest exp. rate, be warned, you burn a lot of sharks at level 80.

- Fletching: Yew longs are the most commonly used, as they are easy to buy and sell. Stringing is the fastest exp. although it may be boring.

- Firemaking: Burn yews if you have the cash, if not go to a f2p world and buy willows from Varrock general store. You can get to level 99 from level 30 spending less than 2m. Burn your logs then buy more. (have money in your pack and a tinderbox.) Don't bother buying then banking, just burn as you buy.

- Crafting: Make the best armour you can, such as coifs, green d hide, blue, red and then black. Buy tanned leather and make body's.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
==========================

- Smithing: Get the goldsmith gauntlets and make gold bars. thats fast exp. and cheap.

- Herblore: Make super sets, range and prayer pots as these are commonly sold. Sara brews are also good exp.

- Farming: Plant the highest level seeds you can, and wait with them so they don’t become infected. If they die, this wastes time and money. Try and plant they near tele spots, and check the valuable ones more often.

- Runecrafting: Fast free laws is the best exp. (search for “Fast free laws” in the runes forum, and the company runs in world 66). You lose money with the fast free laws, as you trade your pure ess for exp. The world 16 air company is also good exp. and a good profit can be made.

- Hunter: Hunt the highest level bird you can until you can catch salamanders. When you get to level 80 use 5 box traps and catch red chinchompas, these are the best exp.

- Construction: Larders are fast exp, but a fast way is to build a workshop near the portal and make carved oak tables, then get your butler to deliver planks.

- Thieving: Master farmers are convinient up till level 65, as they have a one click steal. Pyramid plunder is the fastest exp. in the game.

- Agility: Wilderness course is good from 52 untill 75. At 75 the Ape Atoll course is the best as you don't fail any obstacles.

- Range: Ranging ogres in King luthas training camp is the fastest exp. but you lose money from not collecting your arrows. Blue dragons are good if you wish to pick up your arrows, as you can use the money made by selling the d bones / blue d hides for buying more arrows. You can also make a good profit from this method. Red Chinchompas at pest control also work very well.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

i never thought about buying willows in free worlds..i burned 106k willows and 8.5k yews from level 54 firemaking allllll the way to 99 totaling 5 million coins spent.x.Xoh well.

Opinion/Suggestion *:very good guide as it gives a lot of detail to the skills. One bad point though. In some of the skills, you start off from high level. If these were brought down to like 30, then it would help out those players that don't have high skills.

Woodcutting

Guide To 99 Anything By Me

Would it be faster to cut down more xp giving trees or should I stick to willows?

-question by Zack 1135

falalalaGuide To 99 Anything By MeReplying to Trap FeedBackerWell I have friends that have 99's in both of those skills. Fishing can take about a month from 30.Agility however can take 2 months.Nagility is very slow until you can get 75 for ape atoll. Id do brimhaven until 75, for the ticket exp adds up extremely fast.-reply by sponserthis

This is ok but on the combat guide with attack str and defence, pest control is only good for 95+ stats outher wise I was sugest going to great spiders down in the thrid floor of the barbarion strong hold

woodcutting and firemakingGuide To 99 Anything By Me

The guide is nice but I've found burning maples much faster and more convinient than willows by over 40k an hour. It costs an extra million gold but with it you can get 99 in about a month (I did in in a month while in f2p). Also, teak trees are faster woodcutting experience than willows trees. With willows you get an average of 50k exp per hour (while using dragon axe and without talking to anyone). However, I tried teaks and got 66k per hour. Unfortunately you have to drop all your logs when cutting teaks, but the experience gained makes it well worth the time. Also, if you're able to, use an inferno adze while woodcutting. It decreases drop-time and increases firemaking experience. Win win. Other than that I love the guide.

-peerof2