xisto Community
Zlash

Angels And Demons - Dan Brown Book Review

Angels and Demons is a book by Dan Brown. It is the first book in which Robert Langdon takes a part and the series of events in this book takes place one year before The Da Vinci Code.

Robert Langdon is a professor in religious symbology at Harvard. When he gets a phone call 5 o'clock in the night, which says that he needs to come at once because it is of absolute importance, he doesn't take it serious, but when he gets a fax with a picture of a naked man with the word "Illuminati" burned on his chest, he is forced to travel to a Swiss research center and analyze the cryptic symbol.

His discovery is unbelievable. While the Vatican State is choosing a new pope, a old and secret brotherhood is planning a spectacular plan to attack the Vatican with a new stolen technology. The "church" of all catholic churchs is in the biggest danger it has ever been in. Robert Langdons knowledge is crucial for the Vaticans survival.

This book is incredibly wonderful. I enjoyed it more than The Da Vinci Code. The codes and riddles tighten the excitement to utter bewilderment. This book is absolutely worth reading.

I think this guy have found a formula and is going to make books and books and books talking about the same things: religion, history, conspirations, puzzles and codes. I think there are millions of book that are more worth reading that these but they seem to entertain people so much... but I think they don?t look so good to people who read books frequently.

I would also say that there are millions of books of the same type which is better, but these books by Dan Brown has touched people in a way that makes them want more from him. The Da Vinci Code was a title which made people curious so they read it and loved it. Maybe because they have not heard or read other books of the same type. Anyway, this book is very good, but there are better out there(my guess)

it was excellent!
even though it was more or less on the same lines as the da vinci code (conspiracy, secret societies, the church...) i loved it :P he could make another one about conspiracies and secret societies and i'd still like it lol...
however i dnt think its better than the da vinci code, nothing beats that, cos u can actually end up believing some of the things in there lol :(

for example something which majorly freaked me out yesterday....i read in a history book that a lot of knights templar fled to excommunicated scotland after the friday 13th massacres......

and then i saw a picture of the scottish flag....

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

the blade & chalice? :(
not only that, but i found out that rosslyn chapel is also in scotland....:(..majorly freaky stuff

Edited by mojoman (see edit history)

The da vinci code is more realistic. I don't know why I liked Angels and Demons better. I just got a better feeling while reading that one than reading the da vinci code. I have bought the book: Holy blood holy grail. That was the book Dan Brown based the da vinci code on. I have only read a chapter or two and its quite interesting.

I liked Angels and Demons most out of Dan Brown's books. The many twists and turns make me keep wanting to read on, and I also learnt some new things about art!

In my opinion, I thought that Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code were awesome reads.However, I also thought, after reading The Da Vinci Code first, that Angels and Demons was basically a rehash of its predecessor... which in a way, was kind of disappointing.It wasn't just the same theme, but the same type of characters, the conspiracy, the supposed dangers, the running around, the obstacles, the hero's relationship with the girl in the story... it all seemed like a rehash of the previous book.Not like it wasn't enjoyable to read. :P If the formula works, it's only smart to keep it, but change it up a little, Mr. Brown!They even end the same way! :P One thing that I loved about reading these books is that the reader is exposed to a myriad facts of cultural history that we otherwised would have been bored with in a college text. It's far better to be learning about these things by reading a well-written novel than by "death-by-Powerpoint" presentations, college texts, and droning professors. :D

I think this guy have found a formula and is going to make books and books and books talking about the same things: religion, history, conspirations, puzzles and codes. I think there are millions of book that are more worth reading that these but they seem to entertain people so much... but I think they don?t look so good to people who read books frequently.

well, i guess his formula is one of the better formulas... the way he writes is so captivating.. he knows how to get a reader hooked..besides, buddy i dont think he writes only about the topics you have mentioned.. his other two books are completely different from these two.. yes they do border on relegion and ethics but still they are way different..

To me, Angels and Demons is more unrealistic to me (creating an antimatter? Wow), but the message behind Angels and Demons is not as controversial as that of Da Vinci Code. I think that what's made Da Vinci Code more successful. Even if the way of writing is roughly equivalent, both books can still be entertaining even if you have read one of them.And why do people keep contrasting it with Da Vinci Code... Digital Fortress is much more suited for computer geeks...

after reading 4 books from dan brown I agree that they all follow the same patternits always one of the most trusted people who's behind all of what is happening, the last book i read digital fortress was disappointing...he's got a good way of writing,he keeps people in the book but he's got to change the pattern..

Angels and Demons is a book by Dan Brown. It is the first book in which Robert Langdon takes a part and the series of events in this book takes place one year before The Da Vinci Code.

Robert Langdon is a professor in religious symbology at Harvard. When he gets a phone call 5 o'clock in the night, which says that he needs to come at once because it is of absolute importance, he doesn't take it serious, but when he gets a fax with a picture of a naked man with the word "Illuminati" burned on his chest, he is forced to travel to a Swiss research center and analyze the cryptic symbol.

His discovery is unbelievable. While the Vatican State is choosing a new pope, a old and secret brotherhood is planning a spectacular plan to attack the Vatican with a new stolen technology. The "church" of all catholic churchs is in the biggest danger it has ever been in. Robert Langdons knowledge is crucial for the Vaticans survival.

This book is incredibly wonderful. I enjoyed it more than The Da Vinci Code. The codes and riddles tighten the excitement to utter bewilderment. This book is absolutely worth reading.

that second paragraph is about da vinci code, I think you confused the 2...

The book is quite good thriller till the end when he totally blows it up. It's an easy to read and entertaining book but it has nothing "deep" to say. It's worth reading in a holiday tho`.

I love all of Dan Browns books. To be honest, I can't really remember exactly what that book was about. I keep mixing them up. Brown writes in a way I really enjoy. Jumping back and forth between different people, makes me understand more of what is happening, I get to see the case from more than one side. Codes, and mysterious things is something that also helps me like these books even more. But I must agree that the books sometimes becomes to hard for me to understand, and now and then to unrealistic.